Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thankful Thursday--Relationships



“But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. Once you were not a people, but now you are God’s people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
~ 1 Peter 2:9-10 (ESV emphasis mine)

Iris at Sting My Heart has gotten me to thinking about the people/relationships that I am thankful for. God proclaims that I am his chosen. And that he gave be the chance to be one of his chosen. I am thankful that God showed me his son and that Jesus gave me the opportunity to become a child of God.

I am thankful for my Cowboy . . . Here is a recent photo of him. I am thankful that he is getting some rest. He has been through a rough year. He had a knee replacement in January and is now awaiting to have that same knee removed due to an infection. It is a blessing that he managed to have a cat nap. I am thankful for over 30 years he has spent being a Godly husband. I am thankful for our relationship.

I am thankful for my house . . . This is what it looked like before we moved in.

I am thankful God gave us a beautiful home so that we can share it with friends and family and build stronger relationships.

I am thankful for my Sunday School class. They are a group of amazing people. Anytime we or anyone else has a need they serve God by helping anyway they can. They are a real blessing to us.

I am thankful that I am free and able to baby sit my new grandson and that we have a relationship already. I am thankful that he smiles when he sees me.

I am thankful for my kids. They are amazing. Our son lives in Missouri and we don't see him often. Yesterday we received a really sweet email from him. I am thankful that even though the miles separate us we are still a family.

I am thankful for new friends that we have met through ministry. I am thankful that we are building working relationships and that we are Serving God together.

I am thankful for my new friends. The friends that I have met through this wonderful venue of blogging. You all know who you are. Thanks for your prayers,support and encouragement.

I am thankful for Kelli over at theresnoplacelikehome she hosts the amazing Friday Show and Tell. She has become a friend that provides me with much inspiration.

I am thankful for Amy Dean our Word Filled Wednesday hostess; another friend that gives me inspiration and encouragement.

I am thankful I have sisters.

And lastly I am thankful for Iris for giving me the inspiration to think about the wonderful people that are a part of my life. Thank you for reminding me how special these relationships are.

7 comments:

Denise said...

Such a wonderful thankful list, I will be praying for your husband.

Kristi said...

How sweet that he smiles when he sees you. Doesn't that just melt your heart? That is precious! Blessings to you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your TT and your hubby is cute hehhe:)

Mine is here

Ari_1965 said...

Very sweet picture of your husband and cat. Made me smile.

Unknown said...

Those are all marvelous blessings that you mentioned! What a great habit of thankfulness...
www.diaryof1.com

Nancie said...

Lovely thankful list! Thank God for such a Godly and loving husband. I am glad you have a wonderful relationship. That is such a blessing from God. I am praying for your dear husband and you. May our Lord restore him. Your house is lovely! Thanks for sharing your thankful heart with us. Be blessed always!

Forgetfulone said...

What a great list. I haven't done Thankful Thursday in a couple of weeks, but it always makes me feel good. I love the photo of your husband and the cat!