Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Show and Tell and More Joy


This week I have been passing on Joy to some of my friends and today I wanted to give some Joy to Rachel at homesanctuary.typepad.com I met Rachel because I noticed on Amy Dean's blog a button about Company Girls. Well being the inquiring mind that I am I checked it out. And, I was just so glad that I did. Rachel has a daily meme where she give us wonderful ideas to help us make our houses a real home a home sanctuary. She is an amazing woman of God and a wonderful writer. She gives me Joy everyday and so today I want to pass the joy on to Rachel. Please run over and visit her and tell her that I sent you. BTW if you want to share the Joy too just grab my photo. Don't leave yet though it's Show and Tell Friday


Welcome to Show and Tell hosted by Kelli today I am showing a small part of my cookbook collection.


This photo was actually taken in the last house but they are in the exact same place here in the new house. This cute little old shelf sits on top of my fridge. Beside it in the photo is a tin flower container with rabitts on the outside. It is actually a part of a collection of wallpaper from around 1989 or so. I love rabitts. The flower container is on our kitchen table now with the same sunflowers and it just looks lovely.
Below is a tin sculpter of yes rabitts again. It is now sitting in my kitchen window and it fits perfectly. How I wish I had a camera to show you guys how they look here.

The little shelf was donated to our ministry and I bought it at our last craft sale. I just think it is cute and it fits perfectly on the fridge. (And there is a story behind it. I'll have to share someday soon)

Here area a couple of my favorite cookbooks.

I love this cookbook. I bought it in the 90's. It is actually one of my favorites.
Most of the dishes require a lot of work but they are absolutely fabulous. We were lucky enough to eat at Star Canyon in Dallas while Stephan Pyles was the chef there. It was amazing. Each recipe that I have tried in it I have written the date and a little something about how the recipe turned out.
Here's another favorite.

A totally different type of cookbook. Most all the dishes are simple. I love this cookbook and it has kind of an interesting story. I bought it in Fort Worth at Will Rogers Coliseum at a Cutting. Some of you might be wondering what is a cutting.
Well that is lingo for an event where horse people take their trained horses and compete. The horses work cattle. It is a really cool and interesting event. Our buckskin horse (he is the one that is a light tannish almost white horse) is a cutting horse. What cutters do is work cattle to put it simple. But a cutting horse show is the best of the best showing thier skill.
This cookbook I bought at the cutting (they have vendors sell goods). This book was published by the Odessa Jr. League.
It is a really well put together book. A few years later I met a lady who became a dear friend that was part of the group that put together the book. I learned that every recipe in the cookbook was tested and proved to be perfect and worthy.
I have not tried any recipe that I did not like. Of course there are some that didn't sound good at all to me so I didn't try them.
But overall I love this cookbook. It is one of my favorites.
But my all time favorite (I am sorry I don't have a photo) is Betty Crocker.
I'll have to definately take a photo of my version. I have a story about it too. I'll have to share it soon.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my favorite cookbooks. Please leave me a comment and let me know too how you like my new look.
Have a Blessed Friday and come back and see me tomorrow for Daisy's Day.

11 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I'm Texan!! Love these cookbooks you shared with us today!!!

My show n tell is about my favorite author today. Hope you can find time to stop by! And there is a link left at the bottom -- for a gift for you.

Happy Friday.

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Now who doesn't love cookbooks? Your collection is fabulous, I love the cowboys and wild, wild, west. Wonderful collection!

Have a wonderful Friday!
Kathi :)

A Hint of Home said...

Great collection. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Wanita said...

Like you, I love cookbooks. You have a wonderful collection, and they are displayed so nicely.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Barbara H. said...

What a neat collection! This gives me an idea for a future show and tell. :-)

Your background and look is is lovely, but I have to say it is hard to read, at least for me. I had to highlight the words to read them. They go all the way across and the black words on the black in the background just disappeared until I highlighted them. I use Firefox -- I don't know if that makes a difference.

Barbara H. said...

I just tried it using Internet Explorer and it is more readable there. The letters are white there and stay in the gray area, but on Firefox they are black and go all the way across the page.

Sandra said...

Oh cookbooks, I LOVE them and collect them and have way too many of them laying around :)

Rachel Anne said...

Thank you so much for your sweet, sweet words. I am very touched...you have made my day. It's a beautiful gift today. I will indeed share the joy and pass it on.

Have a BLESSED day!

Rachel Anne

Kelli said...

I would love to sit down and look through your cookbooks....what a great collection! Have a wonderful weekend!
~Kelli

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Hi Sherry and Daisy! Thank you so much for visiting me and for the oh-so-kind words left on my blog! It is marvelous to "meet" you! Doogs says thanks for thinking of him, too. We would be honored to be a part of your Saturday post. You know, I have been thinking of a way to have a little photo album of pets that our blog friends own. I think I will start a Flickr album for everyone to have access to.

Talk soon,
:)Becky

PS: Love your blog name...Amen!

Love Bears All Things said...

I enjoyed your Show & Tell.
Mama Bear