Pages

Monday, July 27, 2020

In The Heart of a Mustang by M.J. Evans-I Read Book Tours Review

About the book

 In the Heart of a Mustang is one of the finest books ever written for teens and preteens." — Literary Classics
Hunter was told that his father was a brave soldier and virtuous man. Someone that Hunter needed to emulate. The only problem is that the whole story was a lie, all of it. The truth is that his father has spent the entirety of Hunter’s life in jail, paying his sorry debt to society. Angry and hurt, Hunter gets into some serious trouble and is sent to Promise Ranch, a home for troubled teenage boys. 
A wild mustang mare and her herd are rescued from certain starvation by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM). In a sandy corral at Promise Ranch, Hunter and the mare meet. It takes a weathered, old cowboy to bring them together—a mentor for one, a trainer for the other. The bond that forms between boy and horse becomes one that saves the lives of both.
2016 Literary Classics Gold Medalist
2016 Nautilus Book Awards Silver Medalist
2017 Readers' Favorite International Book Award Silver Medalist
2017 Equus Film Festival Gold Medalist
And I thought 
I love a good horse book.  Author M.J. Evans does not disappoint.  I can highly recommend this book for all readers young and old. 

This one brought back some special memories for me in reading a chapter book together with my teenagers waaaaay back in the day. 

If you have teens and even young children that love horses check this one out.  

I loved the story.  The chapters are easy to read and not too long for the reader that needs fast paced reading.  I especially liked graphics added in the text at the beginning of each chapter.  And, the print copy I received is printed in a larger format.  This made it super easy for me to read. 


The inscription describes this book  better than I could  . . . 
Everyone needs loyalty, love and at times 
healing.
Lucky is the soul who finds all three
In the Heart of a Mustang. 


Buy the book 
Amazon 

To read more reviews click here. 


No comments: