Pages

Friday, July 17, 2020

Christmas In July Day 2 My Santa Collection-Book Fav's- Book/Author Features

Welcome to the final day of Christmas In July featuring the big Jolly guy himself . . .

Today I am sharing part of my Santa collection.  My collection 
started in 1982 with a few ornaments.

It wasn't until the late 90's when I visited the home of one of my quilt teachers that I began collection figurines.  She had an amazing collection that is displayed year round!
One of my favorites which started the collection.  I mentioned the quilt teachers collection to a friend.  And guess what she gave to me for my birthday!  The one is wood and at is carved.  He was bought at Pier One.  
When we moved into this house I began displaying all the years of Santa photo's together.  This one is special Domino's first Christmas.  I only had her about two weeks and we took our first 
car ride together and found Santa by accident!  She was so good. 

The Cowboy found the huge stocking at a Thrift store.  It is big enough to hold a kid.  We hang the stocking by the front door when there isn't a kid in it!

Another Thrift store find was this guy.  I love his coat.  It is wool and has beautiful embroidery on it.  He is pretending to be a Moose so he could come to the Moose's cookie party. 

Another favorite displayed with my grand kids feet.  My D.I.L. is very creative. 
I just smile when I see the dogs.  I love this one. Another creation from my D.I.L.

Made from Paper Mache.  I think.  
My father took up carving in his later years.  This one is very special. 

 
Doesn't he make you smile?  I giggled when the Cowboy surprised me a few days before my birthday.  His body is fabric.  His ears, hands and feet are ceramic.  I think he was hand made. 

They make a pretty grouping.  I love my Santa's!  I can't wait to start going thrifting soon to add to my collection. 
But for now I'll just read a few good books!
Here is today's collection of Christmas books and an author feature

Meet author Josie Riviera
Josie was so sweet to share one of her Christmas memories with us.  




Amazon


No comments: