Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Summer Room Redo Work In Progress

Hello and Welcome to the first day of . . . 
 Today I am sharing a work in progress that is taking it's toll on me!

I love this area of the house.  I've called it the . . . 
Outdoor Room 
Cabin Room 
and 
The Summer Room 
Here's what it looked like last summer . . . 
I loved it.  I loved everything about it.  From the so ugly it's cute
little sleeper . . . 

To the metal sailboat sculpture I got for a steal at Hobby Lobby 
and look at the darling sailboat my D.I.L. made me!  I wished for one and posted on Pinterest and she delivered.  Well actually she mailed it but she made it form me!

Here's this years view from my chair.  I love my Zinnia's 


I've made lots of changes to this space.  The little sleeper had to be moved inside.  

I love the little orange cart.  I am not exactly sure what it is made for there really isn't a base maybe it held a tray that is long gone.  It's a grid so nothing can actually sit on it.  So I put a cookie sheet on it.  And well now looking at it I am thinking It needs a cover a little dresser scarf or table cloth hmm. 
 I said this was a Work In Progress . . . 

I have been leaving the Green Enamelware pitcher outside in the garden but since it is so hot it is too hot to use for now.  So in it came to hold few sprigs of Bee Balm.  I loved the addition of the Purple hues . . . 

I love this area.  And to show you the area that get's my goat a little.

I had loaned the mantle for a wedding.  When it was returned it had been taken apart and put together wrong.  One end was upside down and they had put brackets on it the stuck out the back.  The Cowboy doesn't have the strength to fix it.  We've tried a few weeks ago.  We will try again since he is a little stronger now.  So the mantle is leaning against the wall.  
I load my pics from my phone onto blogger and then go to the computer to write my posts.  This one got out of order.  Yesterday 
I brought in this clothes rack to hang my Spider plant and a basket holding a Bell Pepper and a Kolanche plant.   It's not perfect but it works for now. 

It might be hard to see but leaning on the handle of the orange cart is a Wood Framed Orange Bird House Sculpture.  I just love it.  
Another bargain I found at Big Lots.  Another project for the Cowboy to hang for me. 
For now the little sailboat sits on the mantle.  On the far end is a sailboat drawing my D.I.L. made.  In the fore front of this photo you can see a crochet throw I found when I cleaned out my mothers house.  It is ragged and falling apart but I loved the colors.  I kept it for the color layout.  I hope to make one soon with nicer softer yarn. 

I love this basket.  I have had it a long time and not sure where I got it.  Maybe Eddie Baur.  It has leather straps that hold the buckle closures.  It is perfect to hold and display books.  

One more photo of this group I wanted to point out the little purple and lavender pot.  It is holding a small Basil plant. I liked the addition of the Lavender Bee Balm so I added the pot to carry with that theme. 

Across the room is the pot that  I started Zinnia's in.  They are growing tall and a little wild.  


And now back to the area at the end of the mantle and chimney that gets my goat a little . . . 
Since the chimney sticks out from the wall there is this small space that is perfect to hold the broom and the Vacuum.  
This is the part I don't like and I had to get my courage up to even show this.  I don't like this green outdoor carpet.  Even though I vacuum everyday it always looks like this.  This is the door that the dogs come in and go out to the yard. 

I think I want to put a colorful rug here.  One that will hide the dirt better. 
What do you think?
Any ideas?
I need a kind of large area rug for the space but by the door I think I need one that I can pick up and shake the dirt out.  


Maybe you can see the Lavender pot better.  Can you see the metal bird feeder behind it.  I love it.  Not sure where I got it.  Sitting in front is a rough wood birdhouse my daddy made me. 

And a side view so you can see the chair that is so comfy.  This chair as old and worn out as it is I love it.  The blue stripe cushion was my inspiration for the room.  I found the basket another bargain at Hobby Lobby and I was so happy it was so cheap.  The blue matched perfectly.  In the basket I have small throw rugs and towels rolled up for the dogs. 
And so that is the Summer Room  as it is now. 
It is a work in progress for sure. 
It's a place I enjoy everyday. 
I can watch the dogs run around and play.
And the Birds, Dragon Flies and Butterflies that visit the garden.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit. 
Have a Blessed Day!



I'll be linking my posts this week at these parties.




















1 comment:

Donna @ Modern on Monticello said...

My summer screened porch room changes every year too. This year it is the playground for our 7 month old German Shepherd puppy so it is a constant mess of torn up toys and dirt from outside. I do enjoy the room though. Thanks for sharing with us this week at #HomeMattersParty