Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2020

Happy Homemaker In Texas

Hello and Welcome to another beautiful Weekend/Week 
Today's the day
for something . . . 
Be happy | Yellow aesthetic, Happy colors, Hufflepuff aesthetic

Whether your starting your Weekend or the new week I hope today is a Happy Day for you!

Having a hard time remembering?

hap·py
/ˈhapē/
adjective
  1. 1.
    feeling or showing pleasure or contentment.
    "Melissa came in looking happy and excited"
    Similar:
    contented
    content
    cheerful
    cheery
    merry
    joyful
    jovial
    jolly
    joking
    jocular
    gleeful
    carefree
    untroubled
    delighted
    smiling
    beaming
    grinning
    glowing
    satisfied
    gratified
    buoyant
    radiant
    sunny
    blithe
    joyous
    beatific
    blessed
    cock-a-hoop
    in good spirits
    in high spirits
    in a good mood
    lighthearted
    good-humored
    thrilled
    exuberant
    elated
    exhilarated
    ecstatic
    blissful
    euphoric
    overjoyed
    exultant
    rapturous
    rapt
    enraptured
    in seventh heaven
    on cloud nine
    over the moon
    walking on air
    beside oneself with joy
    jumping for joy
    chirpy
    on top of the world
    as happy as a sandboy
    tickled pink
    tickled to death
    like a dog with two tails
    as pleased as Punch
    on a high
    blissed out
    sent
    chuffed
    as happy as Larry
    made up
    as happy as a clam
    wrapped
    gay
    blithesome
    jocose
    jocund
    Opposite:
    sad

See it's easy 
Don't worry, be happy! Today is International Happiness Day ...
Now that we're all smiling let's get on with 
The Journey Back: Happy Homemaker in Texas
This one makes me smile and makes me Happy so I am re-using 
it today and waitin' for Fall and all the fun and Happy times!  

Today I am joining Sandra for our regular Happy Homemaker 
post.  Sandra provides prompts for discussion,   I add a few of my own when I'm in the mood or if something pops into my head!

The Weather
July in Texas 'Gotta Love it"  One word Hot.  
But I do love Texas!  At least my little 'neck o the woods'

Outside my window
I am happy to say that out the front window is lovely green grass.
No Dadelions and the flower bed that has been on my To Do List now has a layer of mulch!  It is a WIP still but phase one is complete!

On the breakfast plate
I have this yummy bread that looks pefect for French Toast.
Oh and some Bacon.  Yummy.  I'll toss on an Egg for the Cowboy.

I am wearing
Cool clothes today for sure.  Just some baggy shorts and a grubby T-shirt for outside and inside work.  I may go the post office so I'll change to jeans into a not so grubby T-shirt.  LOL.  If I go. Sometimes it is hard to get out of the house if I am in the 'groove'.

On the To Do List
Finish Laundry Room Clean up WIP
Get a few Flowers for Fall
Order seeds-check to see if Ace Hardware has any
Finish prepping beds for Fall
Work on new 'Look' for the blog ✔
Did you see my New/Old banner photo?
Prep for a couple of tours I'm thinking of doing
Finish Book display shelf in Family room 

Goals this week
Laundry Room WIP
Complete Junk Journal and mail 
Decide on Book tours and promote
Getting the Cowboy to eat lunch/offering something enticing
Bake cookies to replace the store bought the Cowboy likes

My Ta Da moment
I emptied my laundry basket.  Yes that is a Big deal for me. 

On the menu
Monday I didn't get that Chicken Pot Pie I planned last week so back on the menu for this week!
Tuesday Gosh when was the last time I made Taco's!
Wednesday Pan Seared Trout, Long Grain Rice, Salad
Thursday Oven Roasted Pork Loin, Heirloom Carrots, Mashed Potato's
Friday Pinto Beans, Fried Potatoes, Cabbage and Corn Bread 

On my reading pile 
I've been finding lots of freebies and getting lots of ARC offers. My phone and Kindle are full and the post man keeps delivering!
Here are just a few . . . 
 FIVE BEFORE ROME by Gabriel Valjan  In the Heart of a Mustang by M.J. Evans  Finding Home by Corinne Joy Brown

I just finished 
encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS...
This one was really good.  I always love a good Cowboy and Ben Callahan was a Good one.  I'll be posting my review today. 

Reading now
True Love at Christmas by [Juliette Duncan]

Something fun to share

 :
I love Christmas don't you?  

It's never too early to plan for the holidays or just enjoy them.  Next week everyday will be Christmas here at the blog.  It's a huge surprise just like Christmas.  But I will give you this sneak peek I'll write my regular posts too.  So that means 2 posts a day here!  

In the garden 
Waiting on the Sun Flowers to pop open.
 The Zinnia's are so pretty.  Last year they bloomed all the way to October!  I had planted them early and some went to seed and reseeded.   


My bed isn't as big as last year but it is still pretty.  

And lookie the Canna in the front yard bloomed!


 Thankfully I finally got mulch started in the bed but I am still working on it.   The poor Canna didn't get any yet!

In the craft from 
Finishing up the 'Pretty' Junk Journal for the SWAP you can see 
part 1 of the process post here

I also spend time almost daily writing scripture in a journal that I decorate.  I am in a group that gives the scripture prompt and then we write, decorate and share our page with each other. 


Scripture/Devo
Hope Bible Journaling Process Video using New Printables
The video she shared here 'spoke' to me.  Even if your not a Bible Journal'er' please go by and watch the video and hear the relevant message that she shares for Today.  The message is one of Hope and will remind you How to be Happy.

Thanks for coming by and sharing my plans for 
A Happy week
Have a Blessed Day!



I'll be linking my posts this week at these parties.
I am still refining my current list of parties if I've miss one let me know!

Visit Sandra's party over here

New Link Party

The party is over here

Penny's Passion: Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop - July 8, 2020
Over here at Penny's Passion 



















Saturday Link-Ups - My Joy-Filled Life






3 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

We have your Texas hot weather at our house but no native tomatoes yet. I can't wait!
I LOVE Christmas! The Hallmark Channels are running Christmas movies all month long! yay!

Dee | GrammysGrid.com said...

Happy things and laughter, two wonderful things! It's hot here in AL too but I wouldn't have it any other way. My body and cold weather don't get along. Thanks so much for linking up with me at my #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 14, open until July 26. All party entries shared if social media buttons installed.

Jean said...

Such pretty flowers! Sunflowers are my favorite. Hope you have a great week.