Pages

Friday, July 24, 2020

Foodie Friday-Cooking & Baking This Week

Good Morning! 
Good Morning Happy Friday Image With Tea Pictures, Photos, and ...
I loved this image.  I have been thinking researching
Tea Parties as I am planning my Sunflower Tea Party for August. 

This week I baked Strawberry Bread.  We had 
Strawberries and I wanted to test this recipe . . . 


It turned into an odd week for that 'ole Rustic Dinner Plate. 

I am not sure if I managed to cook anything that I planned.

I did get Taco's done but that was last night . . . 

I barely got a pic I was so tired and the entire meal didn't go as planned.  I was going to make my own shells but I didn't have enough oil to fry them in.  I had a few store bought that I crisped in the oven for the Cowboy. He loved them. 
On my plate I had one limp and greasy shell and 2 soft Flour Tortilla's I loved them.  
The Cowboy does not like Flour Tortilla Taco's  Go figure . . . I tell you he is wierd!


Thursday morning I was going to make a Ham and Cheese Quiche. 
It turned into this . . . 


It was yummy and The Cowboy even ate it because he knew how frustrated I  was with the whole thing.  He will not 'touch' a Breakfast Casserole.
Why was I frustrated you ask?

My dawng Pie Shells were not edible.  I won't go any 
further TMI . . . let me just say that they are not supposed to be that color!
And, I had just bought the silly things!

We had our meal of yummy Pinto Beans, Greens, Hash Browns and Corn Bread.  Yea my Pinto Beans cooked and got done.  
They were soupier than I prefer but we ate all of them 
except one small bowl full which the Cowboy ate with his Taco's on Thursday night.  
Do you make good Pinto Beans?
I need tips please!
Leave me a comment!

We had a store bought Pizza I got from a food pantry.  It 
was quite good not as Crispy as we prefer but still good.  
 
I made a Big 'ole Salad to go with it because the Cowboy isn't really supposed to eat Pizza but it was Flat Bread so I don't think it was bad for him but he has it in his head 'No Pizza'.  Hmm . . . What about all those Cookies he eats made with A.P. Flour?
And
It was Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil.  The Cowboy ate 2 slices.  I ate the rest.  M.T.B. is my fav!

On Bean cooking day.  I had a busy morning keeping those Beans boiling and boiling the water away.  


So I boiled a few more things . . .



Poached Eggs for the girls breakfast and I boiled Eggs for Tuna for lunch.  

The Tuna turned out to be less than we expected.  

It looked good.  Tuna on a Croissant.  
Very fancy.  But there were no Pickles.  My last batch of Pickles didn't turn out.  They were not sour at all.  I forgot to put in the Garlic.  So I don't know if that was the problem or not.   And I had to almost lick the Mayo out of the bottom of the jar.  Dawng if I had some Pickle juice I could have poured it in and swirled it around.  

It was an Odd, Frustrating but Yummy week.  

Tonight I am making Mexican Chicken and Rice.  Last night I cooked some Boneless Skinless Thighs that I had marinated so they are ready to stir into some Rice and Green Chili's.  

Yummy

How did your meal plans go?
Did you stic  to your Menu? 

Thanks for stopping in. 

Until next time
I  am linking to my regular parties . . . having some computer problems today.
I'll add links and buttons when the PC wakes up

2 comments:

My thrift store addiction said...

Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm--your tacos and strawberry bread caught my eye!

GranthamLynn said...

The photo of the bread wasn't mine I made my bread took pictures of it today to write a post for later in the week it was very yummy it was very sweet I did not put the glaze on it which is what attracted me to the picture but I made french toast out of it this morning and it was really good I'll be posting later in the week thanks for stopping by and making your comment