Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2020

Happy Homemaker In Texas

Hello and Welcome to my regular Saturday morning post.
I join Sandra at Family Corner for Happy Homemaker
Sandra provides the prompts . . . I add a few of my own 

The Weather
Summer in Texas is hot.  Staying just under 100 but the heat index is higher.  
It's a great time to stay in.  I get all my gardening done early when it's cool. 

Outside my window
I am enjoying the Summer Room I sit there every morning and watch the dogs and the Dragon Flies that visit through out the day. 
If you look really close there is a Dragon Fly!  They always come around me when I am walking in the garden. 

The backyard is looking good all green.  I love it just after I've mowed!

How I feel this morning
Tired and a bit sore.  It was a long night.  Both or 1 dog was sick during the night.  I couldn't figure out if it was both or not.  Lola has been loosing weight and we tried putting them back on Kibble to
help with the weight loss. 

What I am thinking
Frustration with the dogs feeding/food.  Frustration with the Cowboys illness and the lack of communication.  He isn't a great patient.  He won't communicate how he feels or what is bothering him.  

Something fun to share
I am joining the party over at Classical Homemaking 

What I am reading now
The Sheriff's Baby Bargain (Angel Point Book 1) by [Susan Lute] for a review for a tour

On the TBR pile
Knot of This World (A Quilting Mystery Book 8) by [Mary Marks ] Her Second Chance Cowboy True Love at Christmas

In the craft room 
I finished the 'Pretty' Junk Journal and mailed it off. 
We were required to add a Tassel.  I made a really chunky one from fabric and lace. 
 As much as I love creating and SWAPping  I am always so Happy to be done with a SWAP.  This was my last one for awhile.  Now I'll be whatever strikes my fancy. 
I am making a Sunflower Table Cloth for a Tea Party/
 I am making it from  a collection of Salvaged Sunflower fabrics.  

In the garden 
The Zinnia's are happy.  The Bee Balm is going to seed. 
The Begonia's are hanging on.  The Marigolds are happy. 
The Tomato's not sure if they are hanging on or not. 
And those Cucumbers they are Happy, Happy, Happy!

On the To Do List 
That list I can't seem to check anything off!
Finish the Cookbook shelf . . . make room for more.  I bought a new Cookbook yesterday!
Finish the Summer/Outdoor Room project . . . I added a footstool and my Summer throw.  I bought a new gardening book yesterday too!
I had forgotten to put on my list Buy a rake (mine broke) I can check that one off though LOL I bought one on Friday.  Now 
I can finish getting the new Fall beds done.  
Buy a Tiller.  We've been looking at electric Tillers I hope we get it
ordered this week!
Find recipes and decide on the Menu to post on Monday

My 'Ta Da' Moment
It was a 'Moment' because it didn't last long at all but . . . 
the laundry (clean) basket was empty for maybe a day.  For the short space of time I kept walking by the laundry room and just looked at the empty basket and smiled.  
It didn't last long. 

On the menu
Still laboring over it.  I seems to work out of late to wait till Monday to post.  It seems easier to make plans on Sunday.  
I have too choose from 
Ground Beef, Chuck Roast, Pork we have lots of pork in the freezer.

From the camera
I mentioned this in one of my Christmas In July posts.  This is the soccer bag filled with carrots for her horses.  




Scripture/Devo

Have a Blessed Week


I'll be linking my posts this week at these parties.

Here are the parties I am linking with 


New Link Party

The party is over here

Penny's Passion: Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop - July 8, 2020
Over here at Penny's Passion 



















Saturday Link-Ups - My Joy-Filled Life

1 comment:

Jean said...

Love dragonflies! Especially since they eat mosquitoes (bad around here all of a sudden). Beautiful flower photos. Hope you have a beautiful week!