Pages

Friday, July 17, 2020

Foodie Friday - Shine On Anyway-Stir Fry KIcked Up A Notch

A busy and actually frustrating week with computer problems. 
I am finally getting this posted at 5:00 on Friday night. Golly!
But
I am not letting it get me down.  I intend to  . . . 

Welcome to the blog.  It has been a fun and busy week.
I hope you have enjoyed my Christmas In July features.

And now let's get on with the yummy food!  We had to 
go to the pharmacy the other day.  We stopped for yummy Mexican food.
Most restaurants only have take out but Rosa's has dine in.  I had an Enchilada and Taco combination.

The cowboy said he wasn't too hungry and only ordered
a Taco and Burrito.  He finished the taco before I could get a picture.



We got some Pancake Mix at a food pantry.  It was Gluten Free which is good for the Cowboys diet. I made it a bit better by adding a small container of Applesauce to the batter.  We found the mix at the store yesterday it is $6.99! Wow!
I added Apples, Peaches,Nectarines and Walnuts on the side.  
We were out of syrup so the Cowboy just had Butter and the juice from the fruit to sweeten up the Pancakes.
Not from my garden.  I got this hand full of goodies from someones garden in the things from the food pantry.
Another breakfast with no syrup.  We had a Strawberry Cake in the fridge.  I scraped some Strawberries and Whipped Cream off to top the Pancakes.
Still have some Tuna in the freezer  the Peas came from the pantry.
A grilled Chicken Breast, Pasta Salad and Baked Beans
The Cowboy likes raw Spinach dipped in Bleu Cheeses
Salad Dressing
Chicken Fajita meat Green Beans and Twice Baked Potato's all from the Food Pantry
Some days it is a struggle to get the Cowboy to eat lunch and/or Breakfast.  It is a constant roller coaster.  After a bunch of suggestions he finally said a bowl of fruit.
The other day the Cowboy said he was going to get gas 
in the car.  He came back with a bottle of wine for me.
He knew I have had a long hard week.  I was so surprised at his thoughtfulness.
Scallops cooked in a Bacon/Butter Sauce and served with
a Mixed Greens Salad with a yummy slice of Garlic Bread
And then somedays I can't seem to cook fast enough! 
And when this happens I tend to over cook Eggs.
A big Pork Roast we got from the pantry.  I bought the Carrots.   I included Peppers and Herbs from the pantry.


I cut the Pork Loin in half and sliced the other half into 4 pieces and Pan Seared then put them in the freezer for another meal.
We had Fresh Green Beans cooked with Sliced Mushrooms and Red Onions
We had some Guacamole so I served it on chips.  Kind of an odd combination but it was really tasty.
Fruit and a favorite plate.  This plate is from a set of my Mother's.
I remember seeing these while growing up. They were displayed on 
a shelf in the kitchen and never used.  

Waffles on a pretty plate
Served with the last of the Syrup!
One day we had lunch.   I made the pickle.  We had some 
Cheese Bread.  It made a great Grilled Cheese.
Pan Fried Chicken Cutlet, Cauliflower Hash, Sliced Tomato from the garden and an Asian Salad

This is the Tomato before I sliced it.  The Cowboy doesn't like the 
small Tomato's.  I get to eat them all.  I don't like Cucumbers
but I eat the Pickles!
The last of the Eggs.  We had gotten medium Eggs on sale.  Barely enough for 1 person. 
A bag of Stir Fry Veggies served with leftover Steak.


Our Salads.  The Cowboys with tons of dressing and  Croutons.
Mine with a normal amount of dressing and too many Croutons. 
LOL I like Croutons. 
The Spaghetti wasn't a keeper.  I used Pioneer Woman's tips to 
Flavor Up jarred sauce.  It didn't help this one.  Decided we don't like that brand. 
Grilled Chicken Breast, Baked Beans and Pasta Salad. The first time to try Bush's Baked Beans with Chorizo.  They were very 
good!
A Chicken I roasted for tonight 

Found a bag of Stir Fry marked down.  I think the entire meal 
for two cost maybe $3.50 at most.  I Kicked It Up A Notch 
Here's how

Kielbasa marked down . . . 
Sliced and browned in Avocado Oil 
Added a few . . . 
Seared in the skillet after the Kielbasa.  I set the Mushrooms and Kielbasa to the side to add at the end. 
Stir Frying the Veggies . . . 
Added the Noodles
Poured on the packaged Sauce and stirred it all together. 
Served with the Mushrooms and Kielbasa on top. 
The Omelet we had today for breakfast

Filled with the rest of the Mushrooms from last night and Cheddar Cheese.  

We had a great week.  A busy week.  And frankly I am glad it is over.  I hope your week was great!  I hate being behind.  I felt like I have been behind all week!


But I Shined anyway

And I hope that you 
Shined!
Here's the parties I am linking with 
Linking with these parties

New Link Party

The party is over here

Penny's Passion: Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop - July 8, 2020
Over here at Penny's Passion 



















Saturday Link-Ups - My Joy-Filled Life




1 comment:

Molly the Airedale said...

So many yummy meals. Have a wonderful Saturday!