Pages

Friday, March 10, 2017

Frugal Friday

Good afternoon my dear friends.
Pretty Yellow Bird with Nest Image!
I've been awoke everyday this week to the sound of birds singing.
What a pleasant way to start your day I think!  I hope you've had pleasant days this week.  
Image result for blog post dividers
We've had a great week being frugal.  As I am eating my left over lunch I am thinking how humbly proud I am to be saving money by being frugal and eating my leftovers.

As usual we got some real bargains at the grocery store . . . 
 :  Look at this big 'ole pork chops the 
Cowboy grilled they were just over $3.00 for two.  The fire wouldn't stay lite so we had to finish in an iron skillet. He marinated them in 'whatever was in the fridge'. His answer when I asked.  He actually used ...
   :    :
Regularly well over $2.00.  Suggested use is for beef.  I love that is says 'Junk free" beef marinade.  It was great on pork. 
 :
Looks like a bargain doesn't it?  There was a $1.00 coupon on each package.  Yep.  I paid .49 each!  I didn't look at the regular price.  The Cowboy went back the next day.  No more marked down but the regular price was $6.89!   I over head the meat market worker telling the manager that he was almost done with his pallet.  I asked him and he told me that corporate orders for them.  They end up with way more stock they need.   

Crazy.  But works for me.  Here's a couple other finds . . . 
 :
The week before these were $2.00 each.  Last week $1.00
 :
I paid $1.00 each last week.  This week they are on sale at 
Sprouts for .88.  I've seen Sprouts put them on sale for as little as .49.  I rush to grab a few.  I love blackberries!
   Image result for blog post dividers
I think I mentioned before that I bought seeds at our favorite resale store.  I paid .10 for tomatoes and cucumber little seed pots.  I have 3 of each growing already too big for the little pots! 
Image result for grocery cart
I am always on the look out for a bargain.  Are you? Bargain hunting and finding ways to be frugal make me a really Happy Homemaker everyday of the week.  

I apologize for writing this post so late and not having it up early for my early rising friends.   I have had so much trouble the last few weeks with the internet.  I am writing at 2:33.  Yesterday from 1:00 in the afternoon until about 10:00p.m I could barely get any website to open much less get a post written.   

I hope your day and your weekend is
Blessed 
Thanks for coming by!  







                                             


No comments: