Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Potato Soup Weather?

For me it's anytime.  Salad and soup just seems to hit the spot.
So even though it is still September and triple digits here in Texas I can still eat a heapin' bowl of good 'ole soup, stew, or chili. 

15 Delicious Soup and Salad Combos from SixSistersStuff.com
                                                  Source
Today I am thinkin' Potato Soup! How Do You Make Potato Soup?

I don't really have a recipe.  And most of the time I just wing it.  And so today I thought I would see if I could get a little help. 

My first stop is always Pioneer Woman.  Is she not amazing? 
Here's what her steaming bowl of yummy soup looks like . . .



                                                 Source
And as always she has a cast of characters . . .



                                       Source
My little cast is a little different.  My method is a little different. 
But it turns out yummy just the same. 


My Method:
1. I dice my celery really small and cook in some chicken broth.  I really want the taste and flavor not the crunch.
2. My secret to adding onions to most dishes.  I grate my onion.  Then cook it in a little butter and bacon grease.   
3. My other secret.  So secret I didn't photo it. LOL.  Actually I forgot. I use half and half in my soup. 


 So do you have a great recipe?  Wanna share it?  Check out the  linky parties below.

Well if your like me and you don't have a real recipe click here to go Pioneer Woman's.  And well heck even if you do.  Just go on over there and visit.  You'll be smiling when you leave!

Are you ready for fall?  Join me and link your Fall posts.
Click here
Today I am linking with some great parties.  Go by and check them out!
 You can click on the names or the buttons on my sidebar
Jess, Charlene,Isabelle,Nan,Gracie,Maria Elena,Jill,Kathy,Mandy,Richelle,


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love a good bowl of creamy soup in winter! Potato and Leek is one of my favorites but now that we rarely eat white potatoes I came up with a recipe that I call Fauxtato Soup. It is made with pureed cauliflower. It freezes very well so even though it is just the Hubby and me now I make a big pot of it and freeze it in single-meal containers. Makes it nice for those days when I don't have time to cook.

Dixie n Dottie said...

I love potato soup! I like to put oregano in mine. (actually, I like to put oregano in just a lot of things!) :)

Ida said...

I love Potato soup. I make mine the way my mom did. Potatoes, Celery, Onion, Milk, Cut up bacon (uncooked) mushrooms and macaroni. It's interesting to see how differently people make the same type of soup.

Unknown said...

I am totally ready for Fall!
Thanks so much for linking your delicious recipe!
Xo
Isabelle