Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Chasing Superwoman--Book Review

Love the book.
My rating a whopping 5+!
I really enjoyed this book. Susan (I feel like a friend may I call you that?) shares her life and her struggles juggling home, family and faith in a humorous and candid way that kept me interested through the entire book.
I tend to sometimes check out other reviews as I am looking for photo's and links to share. I noticed a couple of reviews that were not as flattering. It made me wonder if these reviewers read the entire book.
The issue is whether to be a SAHM mom or not. I loved the way that Susan gave her personal perspective. I think that if your struggling in this area trying to decide where God is calling you that reading this book will give you a good perspective. And, if you are a working mom struggling with the same issues as Susan you will be encouraged by reading her stories and how she deals with everyday life.
I loved Chapter Five and the verse she used in the opening. (each Chapter opens with a Bible verse) I had never thought of Proverbs 3:5-6 when thinking about the children starting school. As she struggled with letting her little ones go and take this step she remembered this verse. This perspective made sense to me. As my children entered school it became the first time that I had to let go and let someone else take over. I only wish I had leaned on this scripture at the time.
Here's a quote:
"Finally a voice that modern day moms can relate to. Chasing Superwoman gives today's working mothers the laughter and encouragement they so desperately need as they struggle to balance faith, family, and friendships from the front lines of working America"
Michelle LaRowe, executive director of the International Nanny Association
From the back cover:
If you've ever forgotten the preschool snacks, juggled Blackberry and diaper bag, and handled a client call over a chorus of "Mommy", this book is for you.
I would recommend this book for any mom or any grandmother (like me). I found it a delightful read and it helped me have more perspective and understand my own daughters struggles.
You can go here to read the first chapter.
You can purchase Chasing Superwoman at Borders, Amazon (I noticed it is on sale at Amazon) and Family Christian Book Stores. (click on the bold letters for links)
And after you purchase you can join the on-line book club offered over at the authors blog. Click here.
I was offered this book for review by Karen at B&B Media.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Nice review.

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site myjourneyback-thejourneyback.blogspot.com
Is this possible?

Susan DiMickele said...

So sorry it's taken me this long to thank you! I just saw your review and I will be posting it (along with other encouraging reviews) to my site soon.

God bless you my friend, and thanks for your heart!