Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Understanding Struggle

We are in this struggle together. You have seen my struggle in the past, and you know that I am still in the midst of it. ~ Philippians 1:30

Did you ever notice that when you see the word “struggle” that you sort of cringe on the inside just reading it. I mean, it really doesn’t bring about any happy happy joy joy thoughts in your mind and it certainly isn’t something that most people look forward to.

According to Dictionary.com this is what struggle means…strug·gle –verb (used without object)
1. to contend with an adversary or opposing force.
2. to contend resolutely with a task, problem, etc.; strive: to struggle for existence.

This is part of the post that Mel over at Mel's world wrote today. You can visit her for the rest of the post.
But before you go I want to share what God said to me about this subject through her amazing words.



For the last almost 5 years we have been in a struggle. A struggle to keep the work that we know that God has Blessed us with a live. God has shown us time and again that he wants us to follow his will and continue on. To perserver. To go through the struggle. And I know that he provides. Most of the time it is not in my time table. But it is in his.

As I worry about bills and being able to pay the rent. To be able to pay the utilities and the cable bill so that I can keep up with my blog and all my friends we continue to put our faith in God and we continue to work in this ministry. Because we see the need. We see a need that no one else is filling. We a part of a unique ministry. A ministry that helps teenagers find real answers about God and find a way to him.

During these 4 and a half years we have had much support (financial) and encouragement. During these 4 and a half years we have had little support and encouragement. But during the times when we felt know one else was there we trusted God and he was there.

During these years have seen many doors closed and many doors opened. And I suspect that in the next 4 years we will see many new doors.

I don't know when the struggle will end. But I pray that we learn what God is teaching us and that we continue to do his will and that one day when we see him he will say to us "Well done." and we will see all the kids that through us have come to know our father.

1 comment:

The Stepford Stepmom said...

A beautiful entry, and a wonderful blog. I just got here through your wonderful comment, and I'm going to poke around further.

And thanks for the suggestion in your comment... ;)

I'm happy to hear that your Cowboy is feeling better, and I hope he continues on a fast, but effective, recovery. :)