Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

Simple Woman's Day Book The Afternoon Edition and August Declutter Challenge


Updated at 3:40 I added something to my post. I had gone over to Peggy's to read the other day book entries and found something I think it really cool. So grab a cup of coffee or tall glass of tea and enjoy my daybook entry and My clutter challenge entry!
I am really late writing this daybook entry. But it is such fun every Monday that I did not want to miss. Please go over and visit Peggy and see all the other entries.

FOR TODAY ...August 10th

Outside My Window...Shriveling grass. We need rain really bad!

I am thinking...that I am going to not worry about tomorrow and trust God to provide provision for us as he always does.

I am thankful for...that my Cowboy came through surgery and is home recuperating (the reason for my late entry)

From the kitchen...nothing till dinner. Yea. My kitchen is clean and everything is sparkling.

I am wearing...a Mission Makeover t-shirt (our ministry) my same denim shorts from last week. (I washed them!) and the same flip flops that I really shouldn't wear when I move the horses around but I do. (I guess I should have put that on I am thinking...)

I am creating...a Fall themed apron for a swap. A peaceful home.

I am going...to stay home all week the baby is coming here so I can be available for Cowboy.

I am reading...Trust No One by Christiane Heggan. I started it in the hospital during surgery. It is a romantic/suspense (my favorite kind) it is so far clean.(I like that)

I am hoping... to accomplish getting closer to an organized house. And to spend some much needed time sewing. (I say that every week I know I hope your not bored) and I hope that Peggy's new meme works out because it sounds like so much fun.

I am hearing...the sound of Cowboy playing with walkie talkie's he figures we can communicate when I am outside of in another part of the house and he needs something. (I think he needs to get up and get moving around and back to normal. Don't tell him I said that!)

Around the house...the sound now of Cowboy digging in his closet looking for a different set of walkie talkies! I guess he is close to being on the mend. Praise God!

One of my favorite things...blogging and the wonderful people I meet!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:keeping the grandbaby Tues. and Thurs. and food pantry on Wed. and Wordfilled Wednesday, Show and Tell Friday and hopefully some sewing! And some scrapbooking. I hope to do Scrapin' Sunday this week!

Here is picture thought I am sharing... I just love this photo. I love rabbits and I think he is just so cute and cuddly!

Have a great week and thanks for reading my daybook!



August Clutter Challenge Day One

I found this really cool meme over at http://www.mysimplerlife.com/blog. Deb and her friend Marcia cam up with the idea. The challenge is to spend this month decluttering our houses. They have some cool prizes, so go over and visit and read the guidelines and get started de-cluttering.

My de-clutter today happend on our front porch. We recently moved and we had this huge old wooden trunk that got dumped on it's end on the front porch. The leaves are beginning to get all dry and falling from the trees and they are coming into the porch. And, there were some wooden drawers(don't ask) ,a pair of my husbands sandles,potting soil and ant kller. And a huge rubbermaide container holding painting supplies. And the rugs which needed to be vacuumed.
So now after finding new places for all the above items my porch has a welcoming look to it
I didn't get to move the trunk but it is at least sitting upright now and looks as if it was planned.
I feel so accomplished thanks to the inspiration of Deb and Marcia. Go over and visit them and join us and de-clutter your home this month. It will be worth it especially if you win.
Have a great week de-cluttering.

10 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm really enjoying stopping by at yours. I love horses and reading about yours is nice. Glad to hear the surgery went well.

Sandra said...

Wow that's a huge rabbit, but he looks so cuddly, just want to hug him :)

Kristin-Homemaker@Heart said...

re: thanks for stopping by my blog AND commenting. LOL
You get a gold star for not lurking hehe.

and holy big rabbit!!! wow!

Sandpiper said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog.
I enjoyed reading your daybook post. I hope your 'cowboy' recovers quickly!
You have a very nice blog, I like the background.
Nice to 'meet' you,
Blessings!
Sandpiper
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Sandpiper/

Pamela said...

Glad to hear that Cowboy's home and recuperating!

Sweet Woodruff said...

Where in Texas are you? I'm from Texas but live in Florida (ew). I would rather be home. :) I'll take you up on your declutter idea because I need to be pushed to get to work. I'm going out to the garage before it gets hot. Right now.

We've been here a year in this home and still aren't completely settled. It drives me nuts.

God bless you. I hope to come back to your blog as time allows.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that your Cowboy is home and doing well. I like reading your "Simple Woman's Day Book". Maybe sometime I will try that.

Raquel said...

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love that rabbit picture! Sounds like you are a busy, busy lady! We are enjoying the season winding down a bit here. Glad that the surgery is over and went well. Much love - Raquel XO

spinninglovelydays said...

Hi, Sherry. Enjoyed reading your post and loved the pic! What have they been feeding that rabbit? :)

Blessings,
Ivy

April B. said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! Your blog is awesome! Have a great evening and rest of the week! :-)