Pages

Monday, October 4, 2021

Menu Monday A Brownies Recipe & Invitation

 Hello Welome to a new week!

I hope your day has started  great.  I am a little  behind! 



But here's  the Menu and a recipe to share! 


Saturday 

Chicken  Tortilla Soup, Gucamole and Chicken Nachos 

Sunday 

Spaghetti  and Salad

Monday 

Pinto Beans and Corn Bread

Tuesday 

Chicken Fried Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Cream Gravy and Green Beans 

Wednesday 

Pizza night 

Or Chili Stew

Thursday  

His Mom's  Beef Fried Rice

Friday  

Deer Camp Casserole, Brocolli Salad  or Cole Slaw and Sliced Tomatoes 

AND I am planning on make some yummy Brownies too!


One-Bowl Brownie 
There’s nothing more satisfying than being able to whip up a bowl of brownies when the craving for chocolate strikes. Which is why this recipe is a favorite in my home and why I included it in THE CORPSE WHO KNEW TOO MUCH. I hope you enjoy the recipe.


Ingredients:
1 cup butter, melted and cooled
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup Dutch-processed or unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 ¼ cup chopped chocolate, divided
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13” baking dish. Line with parchment paper with an overhang on the sides and spray again. This extra step will make it easy to lift the brownies out when they are baked. 
In a large mixing bowl, combine melted butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
Sift in flour and cocoa to the mixture. Add in the salt. Don’t over mix.
Fold in 1 cup of chopped chocolate. 
Spread evenly into prepared dish and sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup chopped chocolate on top of brownies.
Bake for 25-50 minutes on the middle rack until brownies are set to touch. Don’t overbake. They will set up as they cool. Remove from oven and set on cooling rack. Cool before cutting into squares.
How many servings you get will be decided upon how big your squares are. 
You can store any leftover brownies for up to 4 days but there’s usually never any leftovers.
 


I have been wanting to make these Brownies  ever since I read the book.  My review for the Great Escapes  Book Tour is over Here  

I hope  you will come back for Foodie Friday and see the Brownies  I make!  

Save The Date
I hope you'll come for Tea.  This will be a link party.  So plan a Tea Party and come and link up!  It's  A.O.K.  to link a party  from you archives!



Linking at the regular parties 
The listing is below 





2 comments:

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I enjoyed reading your post and your food ideas! Your brownie recipe is similar to one I've been baking for at least 30 years!
Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage,
Laura

GranthamLynn said...

Oh hello! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I lost most of my favorite blogs when I my computer crashed! I was thinking of you just the other day