Pages

Friday, October 29, 2021

Foodie Friday

 Welcome to Foodie Friday  the day I share what I've cooked and served on 

The Rustic Dinner Plate


Or sometimes on Mama's plates 

I got to cook one of our favorite  meals.   The Cowboy  and I always have a giggle  when I cook Chicken  Fried  Steak.  Mine is always  much better than his mom's was.   Boy that was a bit of a wedge between me and my M.I.L. 
She did cook a better plate of Spaghetti  than I do.  I give her credit.  Mine is good but not consistent.   This night it was just  o.k.  Doesn't  even look too good in the picture!
I worried  about this Pot Roast meal.  We bought a Rump Roast instead of Chuck.  I cooked it low and slow  in the oven and it turned out perfect!
Breakfast  for dinner.  The Cowboy  was feeling yucky the early part of the week.  This my plate.  He is not a fan of Tomatoes.  

We did something  we have never done  before.  We ate at the local VFW Hall.  Yummy $4.00 Burgers.  The Fries were nice and crispy.  

A new experience  for us.  And a great meal!  

 
Leftovers.   Even better the 2nd time around! 

And we ended  the week well almost on Thursday we had a special  treat..   

 
We found Halibut on clearance.   I love it when get to store at just the right time. 

The Asparagus  was not as good.  I had cooked it earlier in the week and put in freezer. 

The White Beans were very tasty. This was a very nice meal.   

And tonight we will have Poor Man's  Steak  with Mushroom Gravy.  


Happy  Halloween 


Linking at 



And the regular  parties 







No comments: