Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2020

Happy Homemaker In Texas

Welcome to Happy Homemaker 
I join Sandra for her party
Sandra provides prompts
I add a few of my own

The weather We had a bad storm last night.  Lost electricity several times and neighbor lost his fence.  For the new week we looking at just lower 90s for the week upper 80s and lower 90s for a few days actually feels cool here

The view from my window my new favorite place to be the greenhouse summer room I can see the flowers and Bumblebees and  Dragonflies.  And; occasionally a butterfly I need a butterfly bush.

On the breakfast plate 
I write my post on Saturday we splurged . . .

I am reading


On my reading pile


On the menu this week we had a really good week last week you can look at my foodie Friday blog post to see what we ate. Click
here to see my Friday post. 
 here's this weeks options. . . 
 Monday pork tenderloin stuffing I have a box of stuffing mix that all add onions and carrots to celery in chicken broth and we'll have something green that I can find or I can fresh greens mustard greens collard greens 
Tuesday Chicken Lettuce Wraps, Spainish Rice
Wednesday Beef Strogonoff with Noodles, Southern Smothered Green Beans and Salad
Thursday Fried Chicken, Pasta Salad, Corn Fritters
Friday Pan Seared Cod, Roasted Root Veggies, Left Over Pasta Salad

In the craft room
I have been inspired by a Quilting Face Book Group to do make this quilt . . . 
Artboard-1Jelly_Snowflake
It's a group thing anyone can join.  The pattern is a mystery. 
These are fun to do.  I have never done a virtual Quilt Along.

In the garden
I have been reading and learning alot about gardening.  I am making my first compost pile.  
I have Tomato's, Corn, and a couple Sun Flowers and some Zinnia's growing.  My Bee Balm might be finishing up but hopefully the rain last night will rejuvenate it.  I started a bed to plant Swiss Chard and Carrots. 

Something fun to share

A favorite blog
Jess at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth took a blog break but she is back with her Homemaking Blog.  This is one of my favorites!
Click here to visit. 

On my To Do List
Finish organizing Cook Book shelf
Get July 4th Quilt hung
Work in the garden 
Get an organized cleaning schedule

My Ta Da Moment
I have worked off and on for 3 or more weeks making the Banner for the To Love A Cowboy tour.  It is finished not really like it I wanted it and later than I planned but just in time for the tour. 

I made a New HHM banner for July 


From the camera

My dogs are funny

Scripture/Devo
Image may contain: text that says 'BEHOLD, GOD IS IS MY SALVATION, I WILL TRUST AND NOT BE AFRAID. ISAIAH 12:2'

Thanks for joining me today I hope you enjoyed looking at my plans and seeing what's been goin' on in my
Neck pf the woods.

Enjoy your week!




Linking With

Click here to visit HHM



Visit the party over here



Click here to join the party



The party is over here



Visit the party.  Click here




Visit the party at Across The Blvd.  Click here


Click here to join the party



Click here to visit the party


Click here to join the party



Click here 


9 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Those donuts look so yummy! I love the Butterfly Bush and it smells so beautiful!

Tiny Toadstool Cottage said...

The mystery quilt looks like fun. I found it online and was happy to see it was free. I wonder if I can find time to join in? Have a lovely week. Emjoy the butterflies!

Jean said...

Your greenhouse summer room view sounds perfect. Love butterfly bushes. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Martha said...

Those donuts look so good and I'm glad you mention lettuce wraps on your menu, those a perfect for summer. I think I'll jot that down to make next week. Hope you have a nice week :)

Luludou said...

I like the 'xxx -along' ... I tried crochet along and it was fun to discover what you are making. Have fun with the quilt.
cute pic of the dog. Have a great week

GranthamLynn said...

Yeah I'm thinking about finding time myself I'm going to try though maybe we can do it together and encourage each other thanks for coming by the blog

GranthamLynn said...

Yes donuts are a wonderful treat I have a whole donut themed post in my brain I'll be right in it soon thanks for always coming by I'm getting better I'll try to come by and visit this week

Sarah said...

I love watching bumble bees too, they're so cute, and the donuts look delicious!
Have a lovely week.

Sarah said...

Hey there, I'm not sure if I left a comment before. But those donuts are worth a second comment - they look so yummy. Have a lovely week.