Pages

Monday, June 8, 2020

Happy Homemaker In Texas- Menu Monday

Good Morning Welcome to the blog!  Today is my regular Saturday feature.  I join Sandra at Happy Homemaker
since I didn't to post on Saturday I am combining with my Menu Monday post 

Sandra provides prompts . . .I add a few of my own

The weather (Sandra's)
Summer in Texas means . . .
Hot moving toward super Hot . . .
Triple digits

On the breakfast plate (Sandra's)

A simple breakfast.  I am getting the hang of it with how 
The Cowboy likes his eggs. 
I included Pancakes with Applesauce mixed in.  He was
clueless! Score!

Outside my window (Sandra's)
My beautiful Bumble Bee/Butterfly garden I even have Dragon Flies visiting!

I am reading (mine)

On the reading pile (Sandra's)
 




And the one I just finished
My 5 star review is over here.

A blog I like (mine)
Traveling Cats is a fun blog for the cat lover.  Photo's of Cats from all over the world.  This one is in Cadaques  Spain.
You can sign up for emails when they post click here

On the menu (Sandra's)
Breakfast
Monday
Breakfast Hash from leftover Roast, Fried Eggs, Biscuits
Tuesday
Breakfast Burrito's, Fruit
Wednesday
Belgian Waffles, Oven Fried Bacon, Eggs
Thursday
Scrambled Eggs cooked with Chorizo, Flour Tortilla's,Fruit
Friday
Eggs, Sausage Gravy and Biscuits

Lunch
Monday
Tuna Salad, Fruit, Chips
Tuesday
BLT's and Split Pea Soup
Wednesday
Fried Chicken Salad
Thursday
Oyster Po Boy, leftover Split Pea Soup or Clam Chowder from the freezer
Friday
Egg Salad, Fruit

Dinner
Monday
Pan Seared Trout, Peas from Garden New Potato's in Cream Sauce
Tuesday
Chicken Parm, Green Salad, Asparagus 
Wednesday
Smoked Ribs, Onion Rings,  Deer Camp Beans (mixed dry Beans)
Thursday
Pork Cutlets, Rice, Cream Gravy, Green Beans
Friday
A new recipe from one of my cookbooks





What's been going on
Staying home and being careful. We really don't go out much anyway because of the Cowboys illness.
We did go to Half Price Books a couple weeks ago when our stores reopened.
I spend most of my time in the yard working or in my craft room when I am not managing the house and caring for the Cowboy.
We. . . I have been going to some local food pantries.  It helps because of the Cowboys strick diet.  Somethings cost alot that he needs and it also keeps me out of the grocery store and away from crowds.
I won't be doing SWAPs anymore at least for awhile.  The Cowboy is concerned about so much mail coming in.
So far now we are still isolating as much as we can so the Cowboy can stay healthy.

Something fun to share
The 25th is our anniversary.  To honor the Cowboy and our Love story I am hosting  book tour called 
To Love A Cowboy
I will be featuring 4 authors and 4 books/series and I will
be sharing our Love story.  I hope you'll come by!

In the craft space 
I finished a few projects for May and June SWAP this'll be the last one I do for a while at least I was really sad but I think it's going to be a good thing no more deadlines I can create what I want to create how I want to create. 



In the garden
I have been picking Green Beans and Peas every day.  Not enough to can 2 whole rows of Beans I planted did not sprout.
I think so much rain washed the seeds away.  I have Sunflowers sprouting where I plan to put the compost pile and 4 Zinnias growing outside the bed in the grass!
The Bee Balm is beautiful and it is attracting Bee's and 
Butterflies and Dragon Flies.  Today Isaw a Humingbird visit!
I will try to take pictures this week.



My 'Ta Da' Moments
I guess my 'Ta Da'  moment was getting through the week it was a long hard hot busy and stressful week with doctor's appointments anOn d in all that goes with it lab works appointments. 
I also began a better schedule in a routine for cooking breakfast and getting all the prep, serving and clean up done.  It was a good feeling getting up earlier and going ahead and getting breakfast done and  the kitchen cleaned up before it was time to turn around and cook lunch.  Ta Da

On the To Do List
Earlier in the month I dressed the mantle to celebrate our Anniversary. 

I am ready to change it for  simple Summer Theme.
I want make a Patriotic Theme for the mantle in the Summer Room/Green House
Finish prepping front flower bed 
Post on the blog daily and link to parties

From the camera

Scripture/Devo thought Ineed you from 



Thanks for coming by. . .
Have a Blessed Week


Linking with Sandra
Click here


Parties I like to link to

Visit Here

Visit the part over here

Thursday Favorite Things @ Katherine's Corner

4 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Your meal choices sound so yummy and we love your beautiful and cheerful sunflower!

Luludou said...

Happy 25th anniversary! You sure planned your a nice menu. Cute dog pic. Have a great week

Jean said...

Happy Anniversary on the 25th! Love the sunflower picture. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Jodi said...

Your menus look so yummy! Love the pup pic! Have a great week!