Pages

Friday, January 1, 2016

Quilt An Hour 3

                       I'm locked in moving onto Hour #3

                                                    The One That Got Away and arbour:
                                                                          Source
"I just love this quilt! I think it's whimsical and colourful and playful. As I was putting the coloured bits together, I began with the intention of piecing them into a square, but then I had the idea to amp up the quirkiness by having one piece making its getaway."  Felicity

I love her description of quirkiness.  This another one with the circle theme that draws me in.  

I'm loving the more 'modern' quilters methods.  I love the offset multicolor section.  And the gray background. 

Concentric circles are my new favorite quilting methods.  

One more thing I love about the quilt is the binding matches the quilt making it appear there is no binding at all.  


              I love inspiration pieces!

Hour #1 is here.
Hour #2 is here.
Hour #4 is here. 

2 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

It is whimsical and colorful and we love this quilt!

Patricia said...

The quilt is lovely and whimsical. So creative of her to have a "wandering" patch.