Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

DIY Tip-Repost

Today I thought I would re-share a post I wrote a few years ago. 
this linky party is no longer active . . . 

Monday Tip and Home Sanctuary Challenge



I found this cool meme over at 11th Heaven and decided to participate. Because I have been wanting to share this cool idea that I came up with.

I recently moved to a new house. No not new in the sense of brand new home. In fact it is anything but that. It has new carpet. New yellow paint in the living room which btw I love. New crown molding throughout the house. New ceiling fans. New wallpaper in the bathrooms. (which I could live without). And that is where the "new" stops. Abruptly! They didn't make it to the most import room the kitchen.
This kitchen is a through back to the well let me show you. I think this photo will give you a glimpse.



Yes it is what you think it is geese or ducks from like the 70's maybe anyway just pretend vintage! LOL. The cabinet doors are white but the rest of the cabinets are the same lovely light baby blue from that lovely era!

Well these geese were in the drawers and on the shelves. When I moved in I had a couple of rolls of shelf liner. Used them up and ran out. I happened to have a roll of this. So I got to thinking about what I could do. I didn't want just the brown drawer showing under the clear contact paper so here's what I came up with.




I know it is a little hard to see but this is an actual 'after' photo of the drawer. Frugal as I am (not but choice in most cases) I had to use my scanner but hopefully you can see and get the idea.

Now the inside of the drawers have this primitive looking red check fabric secured under the contact paper. I just love it. Every time I open my drawers and see it I just smile.

So if you are like me and you want something pretty for shelves and drawers and don't like what you find in the stores try this idea.
BTW I had one roll of the bumpy sticky stuff that is supposed to be good and safe for your dishes. I hate it. When I have a couple of extra minutes I am going to replace it with fabric and contact paper!

Let me know if you try my idea. I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment. 

Sorry some of the photo's aren't so good.   I was really pleased with how my drawers and shelves turned out with the red check that I am seriously thinking of transforming my current kitchen.  
It was such an improvement to that old farm house.  

I miss that little old farm house.  

                           Thanks for letting me share it with you!  Hope your day was Fabulous!
Linking with:
Create it Thursday, Happy Homemaker Monday. Pin It Party



3 comments:

Linda Kay said...

Vintage kitchens are delightful if preserved correctly. Looks like a good job to me. Have a great day.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Fabric under clear contact paper. Brilliant! I have lots of fabric scraps. Hmmm.
The View from the Top of the Ladder

JES said...

What a fun and creative idea :) Thank you for sharing this on the Art of Home-Making Monday my friend! :)