Pages

Friday, January 22, 2016

Fridays Hunt

Hunting for . . .
Starts with "D". . . 
Image result for krispy kreme donut
The opened a Krispy Kreme right by my work. Luckily it was on the other side of the road.  A very busy highway!

Weeks "Favorite"

This is actually a photo from a few years ago that I reposted and wrote about this week.  (Click here to read the post)

"Beautiful"
Girls Teaching:
"At risk" teens teaching ladies to sew.   The teens came to Mission Makeover to do assigned community service from the courts. 
A local church came one evening to 'serve'  The girls were so excited about what they had learned they wanted to switch roles and be the teachers.  

Linking with Friday's Hunt at Eden Farms.

9 comments:

Denise said...

nice post.

Rose said...

I really like that last shot...how wonderful! On the other hand, I want one of those in the first pic!

Jim said...

Those donuts look so pretty but not an eating item for me. I am going on ten years being off donuts. All the Krispy Kreme places left our Houston area several years back. But I do eat kolaches, either the fruit filled circular or having a sausage in them. You Valentine area is very pretty.
..

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Haha, good thing there is a busy road between you and the donuts. I really admire the mentor programs various churches and communities have.

Anonymous said...

Those donuts look quite yummy! I would never be able to work right next door. I couldn't get to your explanation for the second image, but it looks quite bright and festive! That sounds like a great program the community has! Thank you so much for linking up to Friday's Hunt!

Ralph said...

Nice looking donuts, too bad (for us) that Krispy Kreme has closed their stores in Connecticut. The glazed ones were the best...the valentine hearts look so nice in red, a lovely color to see in an often bleak winter of white. The sewing classes are beautiful indeed, learning a skill that is taught by generous instructors is a gift for the ages!

Linda Kay said...

Oh goodness, keep those donuts away from me, as I would be very tempted, my friend.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for visiting !! Now I am hungry for donuts!
Hugs,
Debbie

EG CameraGirl said...

Oh, I LOVE that third photo. It's so full of hope for the teens!