Pages

Monday, January 18, 2016

Creative Tuesday

Joining a new (to me) blog party today.  Creative Tuesday
provides a prompt to share your Creative works. 

This weeks prompt:
Love . . . 
T:
Lovin' how this turned out.  Not completely done but close!  
I did learn that my ink is not permanent.  It kind of bled a little.

This is another page of the Scripture Journal I'm making my daughter.    

She'll receive this one and a few more Love themed pages for Valentines day.  

For the last 4 years I've done a special dinner for her and our grandson.  

The Cowboy is a waiter and I'm the cook.  They come for dinner. 

The house is decorated 'over the top' Valentines.  

Here's a couple of pics from previous dinners . . . 
 
This is the mantle from year 1.

Handpring Heart:
Last year my grandson made this handprint heart.  I loved it so much I've kept it hanging!
T:
Another work of 'heart'

T:
My daughters favorite verse.  
Valentines:
Last year we went a little simple with the meal.  Ordered Pizza.
Valentines 2015 Mantle:
The mantle was simple too.  Because . . . 
 Valentines/Rascal:
. . .About January 15th I had this crazy idea to make them a quilt!

This year we'll be over the top again.  I'll be posting some ideas along the way.  

Thanks for joining me in a little memory lane post.  
Linking with Sunday Sketch Linking with Creative Tuesday
Linking with Make It Pretty Monday
Linking with Valentine Inspirations Party

20 comments:

Christine said...

lovely works of 'heart'! Welcome to CT!

craftydvl said...

These are all lovely works of heart! The beautiful swirled lettering in the first image is my favorite wonderful work.

linda (dots n doodles) said...

Welcome to Creative Tuesdays! Your collage is so pretty and I love the dark spotted background which makes the text and birds pop out.

Molly the Airedale said...

You are one very special mom♥

Denise said...

you are so awesome, love you.

Janis Cox said...

Great to meet you. I love your heart. And such a wonderful piece to introduce yourself to Creative Tuesdays.
Blessings,
Janis

Wanda said...

How special to make it and Over the Top holiday. Love all your decorations and the work and love you put into making it special for them. I love the picture over the mantle of the red lawn chair and snow....just so striking.

The quilt is beautiful....what a precious memory.


Welcome to CT.

Tracy Campbell said...

Dear Ms. "The Journey Back". Would love to know your real name if you choose to share. I'm thrilled to see you sharing scripture verses and your journal heart piece is lovely, and I can feel the love coming through. Oh, and welcome to Creative Tuesdays. You'll love this group. :-)

bj said...

Everything looks really great...I don't decorate much for Valentine's Day...a vase of flowers and a heart banner is pretty much it.
Your quilt looks beautiful...I would love to see it all spread out...maybe you can do a post on it for Valentines Day...?
xoxo

lissa said...

many lovely heartfelt artwork. thanks for sharing them here.

hope you have a sweet day.

Michael said...

Welcome to CT! Thank you for joining us. I love that you took the time to cut something out! The theme was to include an actually heart so I'm focusing on the 2nd illustration, come to think of it. Colourful and fun. Thank you!

One thing to not for the future, if you carry on with CT which we certainly hope you do: please jsut focus on the CT theme and show that one piece of art so we don't lose final piece. Thank you!

I liked the one with the sunflower too and the heart there. Very artsy.

Michael said...

I added comments now to my piece, btw. Forgot that! oops.

Anonymous said...

I love the creativity you shared here! I am limited, so I appreciate this. xo

Tammie Lee said...

it sounds as though you have a wonderful celebration planned. all your loving art is a joy to see.

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Your work is beautiful, especially that cozy looking quilt you made. Blessings!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Your work is beautiful, especially that cozy looking quilt. Blessings!

Alexandra MacVean said...

Lovely artwork. Your sunflower is very, very pretty. :)

Helen said...

Great artwork and all the hearts are wonderful.
Happy CT

Inartesy said...

Meraviglioso il quilt e bellissimi tutti i cuori! Sono tua nuova follower ;) Se ti va passa anche tu da me http://inartesy.blogspot.it/
A presto ;)
Sy

Serena Lewis said...

What a lovely post and oh my, that quilt is AMAZING and you created it in such a short time! The hand print heart is precious! I love getting creative gifts from my Grandkids too.

Have a beautiful week. :)