Does your family take the time to do fun things together like go on a picnic? Or do you spend your afternoons staying in out of the heat in front of the t.v. or everyone in separate rooms with their separate personal hand held devices.
It wasn't so long ago that our family consisted of 4. Alot of our picnics were at the land we leased for our horses. We had many great times together. I would have to say that for our family the best thing we ever did was when we bought our first horse. The "family". The idea of 1 horse for the family didn't last long. Within a year we had 4! And one of the original 4 we still have!
I wish now I had taken more photo's. I don't even think I have a photo of a family picnic. But, this grandma is taking photo's for sure!
So are you thinking of going on a picnic? Here's a few ideas and tips I found at Taste of Home. . .
Picnic Tips & Fun Ideas
• Make getting to the picnic a scavenger hunt. Leave clues or a "treasure" map for your family to find their way to the picnic destination.
• Bring along a board game, bocce ball, a softball and catchers mitt or a Frisbee for some outdoor fun.
• If kids will be joining you, try to pick a park with a playground nearby.
• Plan a hike and bring the picnic with you. Stop when you get hungry or find a scenic spot to eat.
• Avoid mayonnaise and ice cream-based dishes that can turn bad or melt in the sun.
• No basket? No worries! Load your goodies into a sturdy cardboard box, plastic bin or even a backpack.
• Save extra condiment packets from fast-food restaurants to bring along on your picnic—the packs are ideal for easy outdoor meals.
• Set the mood with a sunset picnic. If it's allowed, bring a few votive candles and a small bouquet of flowers to add to the ambience.
• Consider packing a picnic for others, whether it's for your kids in the backyard, your neighbors or even a coworker in need of some lunchtime fun.
I hope you enjoy your weekend. Why not have a picnic!
love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul . . These commandments I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Deuteronomy 6:5-7
Happily Journeying Along,