Pages

Friday, September 24, 2021

Happy Homemaker in Texas

 


Welcome to HHM hosted by Sandra at Family Corner.  I love her blogs name. 

Sandra's prompts . . . 

The Weather 

It's  why we moved to Galveston.  Morning  up 70's afternoons  mid 80's. 

We feel Blessed  the Hurricane  season is almost over.  I just checked  prime is June to October.  The season is actually  May to November.  

How I am feeling this morning 

Happy  to live in Galveston

I feel  like a broken  record  but this was the very  best move for us! 

Each day is better than the day before.  

On my mind 

The only negative  is my husband's  health. His allergies  are really  bothering  him. 

He doesn't  drink enough  water. 

He has liver disease. 

he is scheduled  for a knee replacement on my birthday! December  7th.

On the breakfast plate  

Right now I am  

How happy  I am it was payday and we got some good bargains  on meat and beautiful  produce. We will be eating  healthy  a few weeks. 

On my reading pile  



On today's To Do list 

Batch cooking ...Roast for Stew/Soup. Cooking Ground Beef for Spaghetti.  Cooking up Potatoes  and Carrots 

Cleaning  and mopping Dollar Tree has new removable head mops! They have mops, dust mops and even swiffters!  My floors will be shiny. 

I found a Thyme plant at Kroger.  I will plant it. 

And I am open to anything the Cowboy  suggests.  

I will throw  my list out the window.  


On my TV  

The Lost Kitchen  is back tonight! I hope!  
We were so waiting for Restoring  Galveston  but even though we pay for Discovery and DIY is listed we don't  get it. 
I sure Magnolia  Network  is not like that!

On the menu this week  

Saturday 

Pot Roast, Mashed Potatoes  with Gravy and Corn 

Sunday 

Poor Man's Steak aka Ground Beef Patty with Onion Gravy. Leftover  Mashed Potatoes  (Batch cooking) fresh Asparagus 

Monday 

Shrimp Scampi, Salad and Oven Seared Zucchini  and Yellow Squash 

Tuesday 

Well we've got Ground Beef and I batches cook it for Tacos

Wednesday  

I will put down Spaghetti  but I am open to Pizza since it is on sale.  We'll  see what the Cowboy  says 

Thursday 

A Chicken dish with White Beans and Spinach.  I need  to check my Pinterest  board for the recipe  

Friday 

C.O.R.N. clean out the fridge night

From the camera  





Looking at around the house 

Dogs and the Cowboy  napping 

A recipe to try 


Found it Here


To relax this week I will 

Go with flow.  I tend to get anxious and get cabin fever when the Cowboy  doesn't  feel like getting  out because he is sick or feels bad. 

Something I want to share    


The Fabulous Party returns today at noon.   Please come over and link your Fall posts.  

Try to save your Thanksgivingish posts for next week. 


On my prayer list 

One of my friends went home this week.  I met her and the family when her grandson was in my class when I taught by school. 

I sat with him occasionally.  

Gwen and I later sewed quilts for charity. 

She kept her grandson and ran the household.   Cooking acting as Nanny. Her daughter and the family will be list without her.


And the Cowboy he either has a a stomach bug or something else is going on . 


Thanks be for joint me today.  I am Linking with Sandra and all the regular people.  My list is below. 

Have a good week 





No comments: