Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2021

Happy Homemaker In Texas

 

The weather . . .  

Still winter.  We have rain and cool temps. (For us) Thankful no hat,scarf or gloves needed

What I am wearing . . . 

Just warm fleece pants and a t-shirt.  Add socks and a jacket when I take the dogs out. 


The breakfast plate . . .

A simple quick plate . . .

Oven baked Bacon, Browned Canned Potatoes, Fluffy Scrambled Eggs

Outside my window . . .

Cold. Rainy.  Our winter has been so mild I am already fighting weeds.  

On the To Do List . . .

Monday Physical therapy in morning 

Cooking dinner for our daughters family 

Tuesday Doctor's appointment with new Primary Care Physician

The rest of week 

Sweep, Vacuum and Mop lots of rain last week.  Tile is so much easier to take care of than carport 

I got my cleaning Vinegar last week and got mirrors clean but I still need to clean the glass book shelves, windows glass doir

I still want to do some tilling

I have flower pots that I need to replace dirt.  I bought potting soil so I'll be already for planting 

Move the plastic table outside and do my seed starts on the shelves

Nice the round table from the sewing room to the Green House


On the menu

Monday Tuna Casserole (we put Peas in ours), Salad, Dinner Muffins

Tuesday  Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans

Wednesday L/O Chicken Parmesan, Salad, Garlic Bread 

Thursday Tuna Steak, Pasta Salad, Fried Mushrooms 

Friday Chicken Tenders, Corn, Fried Okra 

Last weeks meals and menu 

Last week was a struggle.  The Cowboy had lots of issues and ate very little.  

Sometimes it is just such a roller coaster 🎢.  I am not sure if I am coming or going.


There are days/weeks that all my ideas, my encouragement just doesn't work.  

Anyone have tips? 

In the studio . . .

Still working on this months crochet block. I keep making a mistake.  Keep ripping out.  


I finished January Altered book ...well the group finished I am still working on it. 

One of the 'things' about Altered books is they get Chunky.  A side view is 'a thing'.

This challenge was an Altered book.  I chose an old homeschool Spanish workbook.  I don't like to alter books.

I've decided I really need a Secretary or small desk with me a Hutch for my Bible Journaling.  I will probably settle for a plastic folding table like I use for gluing.

The round table I brought in a few weeks ago is just not working.

I thought in the beginning I liked it but it takes up too much room.

Reading now . . . 



This week on the blogs 

My 2nd annual Valentine's Promo. Tour!  I am super excited.  All new authors. I hope you'll find a new favorite.

From the camera . . . 
One of the Cowboy's Mose was M.I.A.


Read the story over Here


Scripture/Devo 


Wishing you a Blessed and Sparkly week!



Linking at the Parties 












5 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

I love your crocheted block. It's so pretty!

Luludou said...

I too use vinegar to clean and it smells good.
A good thing to help us is at the end of the day what was my 'wow' moment... there is always one even if it's just a small one.
Have a great week

Jodi said...

I feel your pain on ripping out crochet projects! An altered book is something I would like to do! Happy Monday!

Jean said...

Sorry you had a rough week last week. Hopefully, the menu planning and eating goes better this week. I don't think I could bring myself to alter a book. Hope you have a great week!

collettakay said...

I love breakfast food! I'll eat it anytime of the day :) I hope you can stop by:

https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2021/01/happy-homemaker-monday-212021.html

Colletta