Pages

Friday, January 29, 2021

Foodie Friday-A New Recipe

Good Morning and Welcome to Foodie Friday this the day I share . . . 

Each Friday I share the meals we've eaten during the week.
Today I have something special a new exclusive Recipe from author Marc Jedel.

African Sweet Potato Stew
 
By Marc Jedel
Here is the cast of Characters aka the ingredients . . .
 
Click  Here for the recipe I shared on Menu Monday.
The pot at the end just before plating . . .
I did step off the Vegan wagon and added Fried Shrimp cuz the Cowboy has none of that Vegan stuff and I didn't tell him either . . . 

But check out his plate.  So I gave to say that.  Gets 5 stars.
BTW the new book does too.  (see below)

It wasn't a great week for the Cowboy.  Pain from Rotator Cuff Surgery and now allergies have kicked in.  He can't get a break!  Me either. 

Opps this is my breakfast.  He had Peanut butter Toast.  I am not a fan but Marc the Author talked me into the stew.  He kind of  twisted my arm to step out of my comfort zone . . .
I knew the Cowboy wasn't feeling well so I went for comfort food. S.O.S. if you don't know what it is google it basically it is Ground Beef cooked and topped or stirred into Cream Gravy it's an old family favorite (the Cowboy's family), Fried Okra and Chopped Romaine Salad.
Didn't care for pre-chopped Salad.  The pieces were too small.  The frozen Okra was Kroger Brand. I think they changed the package it was smaller. Barely enough for 2 servings.

Pan seared Beef, Gravy and Mashed Potatoes and Fried Mushrooms.
Prepping for Gumbo.  The bowl with Rice.
Another tired day.  Just Gumbo.  It was o.k. from a mix. 
Sunday night we had Chicken Nachos.  We were out of Refried Beans.
My lunch.  The Cowboy didn't feel like eating.  I had a Grilled Cheese, a Tomato and Chips and Salsa
Finally made Beef Stroganoff.  Been trying for weeks.
It was just o.k.  my fault I was just too tired to put much into it. 

I feel accomplished I/we tried and liked a new recipe.  I managed to cook Stroganoff and some other good meals.  It was a frustrating week for both of us.  
The good news is we go set up with a new Primary Care Physician that understands the Cowboys needs.  He prescribed some allergy medicine so we hope he will have a better appetite.

Looking forward to a new week.

Thanks for visiting.  I hope you found new recipes,menu ideas or encouragement. 

Your visit Blesses me.  I hope I have Blessed you!







Linking with the parties



















3 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

The sweet potato stew looks so yummy as does everything. I haven't had nachos in so long and never chicken nachos!

GranthamLynn said...

I used to make chicken and cheese only but tried with beans and they are really good. Avacado on top or guca. Yummy. Thanks for coming by.

Donna @ Modern on Monticello said...

All of them look yummy. Your husband enjoys his favorites. Thanks for sharing your week. #HomeMattersParty