Pages

Monday, January 4, 2021

Happy Homemaker in Texas

 A great New Year. Welcome. Joining Sandra for our regular party!

It's Party Time!


The weather . . . Brr.  It's really winter now.  Rained for a few days and bitterly cold.  At least for us! Warm for a few days and then cold again.  Hello Winter.

What I am wearing . . . Warm clothes!  Leggings flannel jammies bottoms, socks and a warm T-shirt.  I have had to dig out gloves and scarfs to walk the dogs.

The view from my window
 Everything is wet.   But green.  We've had warm weather for so long we still have grass or I guess weeds.
The dandelions have started again and I have given up.  I was hoping a freeze would Take em ' out!

On the To List . . .
I only checked off one thing last week.  It's an ongoing list.

I planned to start decorating the front door for January with Snowflakes But it was just too cold.

I did make a decision about retiring some red ornaments but my daughter wants them and asked me store them. 

My intention is to make some changes for next Christmas because we will have a 1 year old.  
He will be a  Ridin' Cowboy and at the age we'll need to baby proof!

I am planning a Valentine's Day dinner for our Daughter and Son In Law.  I am sure decorations are already in the stores.  Planning on going to Dollar Tree today 

I am getting a new vacuum.  I think I will vacuum every day.  Till the 'New' wears off.

Get my monthly house supplies at Dollar Tree.  Bleach, Vinegar, parchment paper and maybe some craft supplies and the V. Day stuff.

Rehab on Monday and grocery shopping 

Take down tree and move the Library table and computer to living room.  The computer just doesn't work in my studio. 

My 'Ta Da' Moment . . . 

I finally got a picture 

I tried to take decent picture ever since I put up this vignette.  I changed it this year and wanted the picture. I really like the gold tree beside the platter.  The print below the shelf is the first one we ever bought for our Christmas wall art collection.  It was old then.  We bought it 30 years ago.  We framed it.  

On the menu 

Monday / Tuesday The Cowboy has rehab.  I have realized he usually doesn't want dinner. So I am planning to make Potato Soup on Sunday in case he doesn't feel much like eating.

He wants get Chili Rellono's at the Mexican Market if he doesn't feel like eating them that will be our Tuesday meal.

He changed his mind.  Wants to buy Chicken at Lisa's Chicken while we are out.  I gave in he"s been saying this for weeks.  Never had it before I hope it is good!

Wednesday 

Beef Stroganoff over Noodles, Broccoli from the Garden and Garden Salad 

Thursday 

Tuna Steak, Lobster Mac/Cheese (new recipe testing for the V.Day Dinner, Garden Salad 

Friday 

Pork Chops, Rice, Black Eye Peas

In the studio (craft space)


I can't wait to start.  I didn't get to do this last year.  This year it is 12 Granny Squares. We get one new pattern a month.  There is a Facebook group.

Something fun to share

Dollar Tree has flower seeds!

 

And lots of Valentine's Day.  I really didn't see what I was looking for but I got some sparkly stuff . . . 

I am going call out for the big day this year and planning a dinner night for our daughter and her husband.  We are surprising her.  I hope!

And more fun . . . 


Five days of Romance all new authors!

And more fun . . . 




I am reading now . . . 


  On my reading pile . . . 

I have a big stack on the Kindle I can't wait to get too.  There sure were some great deals during the holidays!

From the camera 

My table cleaned off from the Junk Journal and my December Daily projects.  Right now I have my Bible Journaling vin this area.  I am hoping to get a new table this week so I can start sewing!  I have some plans!

Scripture/Devo



Linking at the parties!
















3 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

We've gotten a couple of seed catalogs in the mail already. Spring will be here before we know it!

Luludou said...

Seeds and seed catalogs.... spring!!! seems so far from us... we have about 3 feet of snow right now.
You got me thinking of Valentine's day... hummm will have to see if I had any craft planned for it.

Happy New Year to you and yours!

Jean said...

I'm looking forward to a green yard again sprinkled with dandelions. Just snow right now. Hope you have a wonderful week!