Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

On The Road Eureka Springs Arkansas

 Hello and Welcome to the blog.  Tonight I am sharing some memories inspired by the book I am Featuring on my On The Road Tour this week . . . 

We're taking a virtual road trip to Arkansas.   I chose to make a stop in Eureka, Springs.  The Cowboy and I took a very short overnight little Romantic holiday.

We had two things on our our agenda.  
            A B&B with a hot tub
See the Passion Play

We were only able to stay one night and so we drove down early afternoon and arrived in time for dinner.  We had a lovely meal and then checked in late at the B&B
I loved the character . . .
The hot tub was perfect and soothed the tired bones!  It was romantic too.
I love the period pieces you can usually find in a B&B.
You all know my love of flowers and gardens.  I love water features.

We had so little time we only managed a short walk around the downtown area.
I love old buildings.  

Someday I want to visit the area again. 

When I do I want to visit Quigley Castle. . .  
I can only imagine what this wall if Butterflies looks like in real life . . . 
This small glimpse of the gardens beckon me.   

The house is called a Castle and I think it is.  There are many unique qualities. 
A  bit of interesting  info. From the website . . .

Stones that Mrs. Quigley began collecting as a girl assumed an important part of the house. Working tenderly for three years, Mrs. Quigley covered the outside walls with a collection of fossils, crystals, arrowheads and stones selected from the creek beds for their beauty.  

This is just one of the interesting places I would visit.

Where would you visit?

The Cowboy has his on list.  I'll tomorrow.

Thanks for coming by.  Before I go I want to update you on the Donkeys I told you about yesterday. 

Here is the Magazine article I found about the donkeys.

Burro's On The Boulevard click Here 

And below are links to the other features. 

Quigley Castle click Here 

Benton Place Inn click Here



No comments: