Pages

Friday, August 14, 2020

Foodie Friday on The Rustic Dinner Plate & How I How Cooked It

Welcome to Foodie Friday
The Rustic Dinner Plate
Why I call it Rustic . . . 
. . .the regular plate is kind of Rustic, chipped and old.  
And, my photo's are normally shot quick just before I serve the Cowboy.  
No editing.  Nothing fancy.  Just sharing some good food!
I fried up the last of the Corn Tortilla's in the beginning of the week. I was in a hurry so I just tore them into to triangles.  We had a jar 
of On The Border Guacamole Salsa that was so good!  I had some leftover Chicken in the freezer that was diced with some cheese.
I left it on the counter to get as much of the chill off as I could while I cooked the chips and made the Rice a package of Spanish Rice a Roni then once everything was done I popped the Chicken and Cheese into a hot skillet for just a bit!  It was a yummy meal. 


I cooked a Ham and Cheese Omelet.  This is my plate.  The Cowboy won't touch a tiny Tomato.  He'll eat a big Tomato all day long.  No tiny one's for him though!  Go figure.
See how rustic I am.  A nice plate of food and a messy counter. 
I had a can of Pumpkin ready to add to the dogs Lunch.  
I love this Breakfast of Fried Eggs, a Pork Patty that I added spices to make it more like Sausage and some Fried Potato's.  These diced Potato's always get a sprinkling of Cumin, Paprika, Garlic and Onion Powder and S&P.  Did you notice the Eggs? Just like The Cowboy likes them. 
I slapped this plate together.  But it was a yummy meal.  The Cowboy was trying to be funny and asked if we could have the last of the Corn Bread.  I said 'yes'  I was planning it.  He asked for 3 pieces.  I just ignored him.  I had a plan.   I was tired by the time everything was ready so the Sausage got slapped uncermoniously onto the plate.  The Fried Onion topped Baked Beans didn't show well.  I should have taken a pic before I scooped them out of the pan.  The last of a jar of Chunky Pickles I made.  And notice his 
3 pieces of Corn Bread.  We had to pieces left I got one.  He got 
his cut into 3 pieces.  Don't mess with me Mr. Cowboy!
A lunch that was good.  I got this Burrito which I never would have bought at a Food Pantry.  There was a case I could have gotten more but was not sure how they would be. 
I read the ingredients and thought I would give it a try since they were Pinto Beans we don't like Black Beans and Rice.
Oh opps I didn't get a shot of the finished plate.  The Cowboy wasn't too hungry and only wanted half.  I put a dollop of the 
Guacamole Salsa on the plate.  It was very yummy.   If I see
the Burrito's again I will get a few more. 


At 4:00 one afternoon I told the Cowboy I was craving Nacho's. 
He said he was too.  I got distracted and didn't get them done. 
So that is what we had for dinner.  I put two pieces of foil on the sheet pan and made individual Nacho's.  Hadn't had them in forever.  The Cowboy wanted a cup of Chili with his. 


The plan was much better than the result!  Smart ______ I think he 
was feeling much better and said  "I'll take Crinkle Fries"
He knew  we didn't have any in the freezer.  But he didn't know I have a fancy cutter from Pampered Chef meant to be used for veggies for trays.  It cuts a Potato perfectly.  I used Rachel Ray's method of pre-frying the Potato's.  Honestly I think 
A . . . My Oil was not hot enough
B . . . I think it was the kind of Oil 
 I think it was Soy
I served the plate and told him to pretend it was a greasy diner that didn't make in on Triple D.

I was so excited to get Cabbage and Carrots.  I made a mess of them.  I cooked them in Beef Broth served with some left over 
Steak and Crusty Bread.  The Cabbage and the Carrots had a 'blah' taste.   
On Sunday I cooked a Pot Roast with Potato's and Carrots.  On Monday I served the leftovers with Green Beans and a little
Cauliflower I found hiding in the fridge.  The Cowboy asked for 
Jalepeno's on the side. 

The week was a little of a struggle pulling meals together.  
I spent alot of time working on talking to Doctors and agency and gathering materials needed to get some help.  We had Doctor 
appointments and spent alot of hot afternoons in the car. 

But
Today is Friday
Yea!

I hope you had a Fabulous week!
I hope that a few of my meal ideas inspired you.
Have a Great weekend



I am linking with my regular parties some of the buttons may be on the bottom of the page
Still having a few computer issues. 

New Link Party

The party is over here



Penny's Passion: Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop - July 8, 2020
Over here at Penny's Passion 



















Saturday Link-Ups - My Joy-Filled Life
Saturday Link-Ups - My Joy-Filled Life

No comments: