Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Behind The Closed Door-My Happy Place


My crafting space is important and special to me
It is where I unwind during the day
It is also where I write my blog when I am writing on the tablet.
My space is not really pretty
There are pretty things here and there
But it is a space that functions for my purposes
Today

Because I am always fluttering from one project to another.  From quilting and sewing to Paper Crafts and Junk Journals.  


And in this season I am spending time in the scripture Bible Journaling with a few FB friends.

I surround myself with things I like in each of my work areas

My writing space is where I write blog posts and write scripture. 

This area is a nook in the room.  There is a window that faces the street.   An antique library table fits perfectly in the space.  My in laws bought it years ago when a downtown hotel closed.   

I surround myself with things that make me smile and remind me to be
Happy
I have a Rabbit painted on a rock my parents gave me because I love Rabbits they are scattered all around my house. 
The rock is heavy and I use him to flatten things I've glued.

I love my lamp.  It isn't pretty.  But I think it is charming.  Someone loving covered the shade with pretty fabric and hung tacky cheap fringe. 
To me it is so tacky it's pretty

A vintage planter from when my son was born holds highlighters and a photo of my daddy in his Navy uniform. 
The Cowboy moved the old printer into my room.  Don't know what was up with that but I just smiled and went along.  I set a couple of my Bibles and a photo of my daddy and grandparents so I can see them every time I sit and write. 
This year I am using a spiral sketch pad for my Bible Journaling.  A couple of my FB groups are also Junk Journal groups and so some of them challenges are prompts use Mixed Media.   The paper is great for paint and all kinds of pens and markers. 
The Bible I use most is literally falling apart.  I had to put a fabric cover on it to hold it together.  I love this Bible and I hope to be able to use it for a long time. 
 It is also the place where I plan my day I keep my planner and in it I keep track of blocked and book reviews
 I have a bit of a love hate relationship with my planner this one's a new one I bought this year marked down 'Dirt' Cheap at Hobby Lobby for three bucks I thought will heck I'll give it a try what I didn't realize was it started in August and ended in August.
But when I realized that the pages are removeable and that you can take them out and re-arrange them to fit you needs.  I feel in love with it. 
 I love my writing table  I sit here
everyday.  Alot goes on in this space.  Some days I only get a chance to check my calendar.  

Some days I manage to write a Scripture and participate in a Challenge.  
But it is a space that makes me smile and makes me Happy. 

Do you have a Happy place? 

I bet your wondering why my title is Behind The Closed Door . . . 

. . .the dogs are not allowed in my room.  Normally they stay just outside my door in the hallway.  But starting at 4:00 every afternoon that either inch into my room.  Or lay in the doorway and pant.  And then I . . . 
Shut The Door!

Thanks for stopping in.  Wishing you a wonderfully Blessed week!


I am linking with my regular parties some of the buttons may be on the bottom of the page





New Link Party





Penny's Passion: Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop - July 8, 2020
Over here at Penny's Passion 



















Saturday Link-Ups - My Joy-Filled Life

No comments: