Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Rainbow Scrap Challenge in Purple

I had a few goals for the year.  One was to get more quilts made.
I am being inspired by many wonderful quilters.
One has a monthly challenge.  This months challenge is the color Purple.
Here's what I am working on . . .


This is a quilt for my daughter.  I am really hoping to finish by Valentines Day. 

This quilt has been a huge challenge for me.  First it almost covers my King Size bed. 

I am quilting it on a standard home machine.  My Bernina decided to get sick so I was using a backup Singer.  Then it got sick. 

The quilt is basically finished with binding but I really want to add a little more quilting to it in the purple areas. 

Another challenge.  I chose this fabric because it is what I had and I needed something between the pieced sections.  It was a bad choice.  No let me change that a really, really bad choice.  There is something about this fabric. It has some sort of a texture...that really isn't the word it is like a film on it. 
Kind of like wax.  It had a waxy feel.  So I washed it and that seemed to help.  It pieced ok.  But then when I started quilting those sections I ran into trouble again!  I really think that is what happened to the machine. 

Really weird.  I have never had something like this happen before. 

This quilt although it has provided many, many challenges for me is a work of love. 

I am calling it Bloom.  My daughter's divorce (hopefully) will be finalizing on the 26th.  It has been a long road for her and our grandson. 

I am so proud and amazed at her spirit and her faith in God.
She has bloomed so much over the last year and a half.

Now that this quilt is finished I was thinking I needed a challenge and an inspiration.  

Not like I don't have a bunch of WIP's going along but something new is always good.  Right.  

So here's my plan at least the fabric choice . . .  


I pulled out a few Purples (the one with the hearts is really purple don't know why it looks blue here.)

Now what pattern should I use.  Any ideas? 

On The Next Quilting Journey . . .
Sherry

Linking with  Scrap Happy for Rainbow Scrap Challenge
http://superscrappy.blogspot.com
Click Here.



Post a Comment