Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday

“Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”
~ 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (ESV ~ emphasis mine)
Join Iris today for Thankful Thursday.

Today she has encouraged us all with these words...
"I think that 1 Corinthians is the best known love passage (besides John 3:16 of course); I know it is often used during a wedding ceremony. However I love to apply these passages to my entire life, not only to my marriage. The passages truly help me to keep the focus in times I encounter some very unlovable people."

Everyday I meet people actually teenagers that fall in that category on unloveable people. They are kids that in most cases have parents that either don't care or have given up. These kids seem on the outside to be unloveable. But as believer's we know that is not the case. God loves them.

Today like you all I am sure I am thankful for many things in my life. And as I sit and type this those items run through a list in my mind. And silently I thank God.

But because of Iris's encouraging words today I have one thing to share . . .
Today I am thankful that God has allowed me the amazing opportunity to share his love with them. Sometimes through a word or scripture. And sometimes through just the act of unconditional love like his.

Thank you God for using me to share your love. And today my prayer is that
whatever I do in word or deed that I do it in the name of the Lord Jesus and I will give thanks to you my Father.

Thankfully,

7 comments:

Carla said...

What a lovely example of Christ's love. Loving the love-able, AND the not so love-able:)
May God continue to bless you in His work, and allow you to see the good you are doing in His name:)

Laurie Ann said...

Great post! Wonderful words of wisdom and inspiration found here. Happy Thankful Thursday!

Anonymous said...

As always, a beautifully worded post. May God Bless you!
Carolina

Angela said...

And today my prayer is that
whatever I do in word or deed that I do it in the name of the Lord Jesus and I will give thanks to you my Father.
amen amen amen..I made this my prayer too sister..Thank you for a beautiful post.

Marsha said...

And everyday I too meet with women and teens that are unloved, used, or think they know what love is and then get used again.

Thank you for your beautiful example of what Love actually is.

i said...

A great post! God bless you!

LAURIE said...

Love is an awesome gift given from abov. Thank you for sharing from your heart and expressing your gratitude for His love. happy TT!