Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2008

God is close to the brokenhearted

Dear Blogging Friends,
I won't be posting a Show and Tell this week. It is almost Friday already. I write to you at 11:59. I am tired. It has been 7 days of emotion.
We prayed for and ministered to a young lady that gave birth to a little boy last Thursday. He weighed 1 pound at birth. Today she had to make the decision to remove life support. I was with her as she held her baby in her arms while he passed away.
What do you say? This sweet young mother prayed that God would save her baby.
She even said that Jesus healed a lady that touched his garment.
Her sweet baby died in her arms. Even though we held her hand and told her God loves her how do you comprehend that when you are holding your child as he dies?
I have written a little about our ministry this week. You can read more at the
ministry blog. I have a couple of posts about baby Christopher and there is a photo of him there.
Plase go over and visit and please pray his mommy Gina as she grieves the loss of
her child.
Please visit www.automissionmakeover.blogspot.com. I would be Blessed by your visit.
There was a time not too recent that I clung to the verse in Psalms
God is close to the brokenhearted.
Tonight I pray that Gina feels God's precence.

5 comments:

Kathi said...

I saw baby Christopher's picture on the other site. He is so precious. My heart goes out to his mother. I'm praying for her to feel the Lord's presence.

Kathi

Wanita said...

Oh my, losing a child, I think, would be so hard. I will pray that Christopher's mom will feel the Lord's love during this difficult time in her life.

I read a little about your ministry. How wonderful that you're ministering to teens.

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate it. God bless you!

Kelli said...

I am so sorry to hear that your friend lost her little baby...I will be sure to pray for her and her family.
I'm glad that you could be there for her.
Hugs,
Kelli

Charlotte said...

This is so sad. Things like this are hard to understand. I think the answer is because we live in such a fallen world. This tiny baby passed away on my mother's birthday. April 24th is a special day for me.
The name of this post says it all. "God is close to the brokenhearted." This is what sustains us.

Katy said...

How sad. I can't even imagine. I lost a child...but not after I gave birth. I am soo sorry she is hurting and will pray for her healing and comfort. I pray she knows that sweet baby is in heaven now...and what a wonderful place to be!