Pages

Friday, January 6, 2023

Blog 365 #7 Happy Homemaker in Texas

 Hello Welcome to my regular Saturday feature  . . . 

. . . inspired by Sandra.  She provides the prompts 



The weather 

Don't hate me.  We live on Galveston Island, Texas!  

We have had sun and mid 70's.  If it rains it is usually overnight.  We might have a 20 minute shower in the day time. 

Right now most days are in the 70's.  

As I look out my window

My porch is ready for spring plants.  Although it gets up to 70's some mornings are chilly and a bit windy so I have to wait for plantings. 

Right now I am 

Thinking about starting seeds in the house.  I bought starter pots and Basil,Tyme and Lettuce seeds. 

 Thinking and Pondering 

I have been doing daily scripture writing with a FB group.  I am enjoying my mornings in the word. 

In one group we have a daily scripture.   A word to study.  And a word to doodle . . . 


I am not good at the Doodles.  It challenges me.  Some are easy like this one. 

On my bedside table 

A couple Bibles and a silver jewelry box. 

On my TV tonight 

Me I would choose Beat Bobby Flay or another cooking show. 

We might try to find something on Magnolia Network. 

He might be in the mood for a movie.  

It's a toss up

Listening to 



On the luncheon plate 

Actually I ate cereal late so I didn't eat lunch. 

He had toast for breakfast then leftover Fried Cod . . . 

On the dinner plate  

Chili Rellenos, Tamales, Rice and Beans

On the menu 

Monday 

Hamburger Helper (off brand) I found at Dollar Tree.  We like Beef Stroganoff but don't like the new recipe H.H. has.  This is a test.  I will probably add Black Eye Peas and Turnip Greens

Tuesday  

A small piece of Prime Rib and a little Kielbasa, Fried Cabbage and Fried Potatoes 

Wednesday  

Beef Pot Pie and Cherry Pie for dessert

Thursday  

Poor Man's Chicken Fried Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Dickey's Barbque  Baked Beans

Friday  

Homemade Pizza

On my reading pile 


On my To Do List 

Chance His Coffee Stain from Christmas to Winter 

Finish a project making a scrap bag for a SWAP 

Making Valentine's theme Pocket letters for Random Acts of Kindness for FB group 


Going to post office to mail said projects

Continue to put away Christmas after I finish the craft projects. 

Plans for this week 

Take dogs to park 

Enjoy the island 

Go to Prayer Room 


What I am creating 

Valentine's Pocket letter's

Prayer Pockets to distribute at the Christian Gift Shop here on island 

Crocheting trying to get my blanket finished. 

My simple pleasure 

Currently Crochet 

Lesson learned this past week 


Looking around the house 

Transitioned from Christmas to a Winter Wonderland. 





I kept the tree up and put on my Snowflakes. 

From the camera 



Prayer list 

Prayer Pocket Valentine's  Project 

My husband's  health 

Verse/Devo 



My word if the year . . . 

And my Verse of the year . . . 


Have a Magical week
 
XO





No comments: