Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2020

This Week in The Craft Room

Hello and Welcome to my crafting space.  Today I am sharing a few things I've been working on and a sneak peek at a future project.  

I am excited that I marked something off my To Do List.  You'll see below my large cutting mat . . . 
I finally moved a big round table into the cubby area of my space. It is where the window is and where the Library table was before.  
I can layout and display what I've worked on and also cut and iron fabric for quilts.  Which was my goal.  I didn't realize I would 
have such a nice place for photo's . . . Although I have to work on 
lighting. 
 
 These are some 'Stuffie's for Prayer Pockets.  They are completely made using scraps and bits and pieces from other projects.   The large one on the right has lined paper on the back for Journaling or writing a Prayer. 
On the left is a little Pretty that I made just to stuff into the pocket or into a Journal. 
3 more 'Stuffies' and some pre-printed cutable scripture cards. 
This is the front of a little folded booklet made from 1 12x12 piece of paper.  I watched a video on You Tube.  The Blue/Green on the left is a triangle that folds over from the back to make a closure.  I added the White embossed paper because I just think it is so pretty.  It is not a scrap.  I have 2 sheets and I hoard it and use sparingly.  I sewed some Blue fabric and Burlap onto the paper and then glued the Blue Flower on top to make it pretty. The weight holds the closure down.

The inside of another folded pocket.  I am intrigued with the pockets made just from folding.  I filled it with scripture cards and more 'Stuffies'.

I made this one awhile back and I don't remember what video it was.  This one is cool.  It is a book that has pages with tuck spots. 

I wish the lighting was better.  I will have to work on that.  I used some pale green sewn sequins on the bottom of the tuck spot.  It was crooked and drove me nuts.  The sequins hid the problem. 
Don't tell.
HeHe

I made a tuck spot with a fabric strip that I sewed onto a piece of contrasting paper to Jazz it up a bit.  I stuck a Journaling card inside. 

A group shot.  It is fun making these.  Most of these are big pieces except the middle one that uses scraps less than a 1/2" wide. 
It feels good to use these tiny pieces and not throw them away. 

And one more from a different paper.  I learned to make these you have to use double sided paper.  I used all I had.  Now I need to watch a new video for a new idea! 

I mailed all these 'Pretties' on Monday to a FaceBook friend that takes them to nursing homes.  I am glad to be able to share them and help someone have a good day!

And before I go I want to share how excited and happy and Thankful I am that I figured out how to make a video and post on FaceBook.  Still trying to figure out how to post here though!  

And so now I am off to play in my Crafting Space!  

Have a Wonderful Day!



I am linking with my regular parties some of the buttons 

may be on the bottom of the page




New Link Party





Penny's Passion: Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop - July 8, 2020
Over here at Penny's Passion 



















Saturday Link-Ups - My Joy-Filled Life

3 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Sherry,
Great projects! I have to get to work in my Craft Room but it has just been too hot to spend too much time in there as I do not have air conditioning in that room and it was our 2nd hottest Summer on record!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!! My Dining Room has been rose colored for many years and I love it's Victorian look....
Hugs,
Deb

GranthamLynn said...

Thanks for stopping by yeah I know it's hard when you can't get into the craft room I always enjoy visiting you

Donna @ Modern on Monticello said...

Nice project and very useful. It feels good to get projects off the to-do list. #HomeMattersParty