Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2020

Sewing/Craft Space Reveal

 Hello and Welcome to the blog.  Today I am sharing my special place.  The room where I create!  

I made some changes and finally added a table . . . 
I needed an area that I could cut fabric on and also iron small pieces of fabric when I am making a quilt.
Once I thought of moving this table in from the garage I was happy I did.  It is the perfect height and was large enough for my big cutting mat. 
It is a good space and I can get some good light from the window so I can read the numbers on my rulers. 

I moved my writing/blogging table . . . 

Previously I had this antique library table in front of the window.
Now it sits along the longest wall in the room .  . .

This is the space where I write my blog posts if I am using the Tablet.  And it is also where I do my Bible Journaling . . . 
Beside the table is a tote filled with the supplies I use for Bible Journaling and the notebooks, planners and journals I use. 

At the end of the library table is the 'So Ugly It's Cute' sleeper that belongs to my daughter.  It was originally in the Outdoor room and the Mantle was on this wall but when my mother was coming to spend a few nights with us and then eventually move in we moved the sleeper in for her.  Once it got into the room it was too heavy to move so now I live with it!
I do enjoy sitting on the little sofa.  It is a good place to sit and check my phone when my back is tired from sitting on the office chair.  I can also sit here and crochet. 
I love this hutch that I begged my mother for.  It finally came to my house.  It was originally in the end of our living room but I moved it to this room a few months ago.  I first put it on the long wall and I really like it better but I needed the space to move the library table so I turned it to the little short wall.  
Although it isn't the focal point I would prefer everything I need now fits in my space and I have usable surfaces for each of my different hobbies. 

I was very Happy when I decided to hang the quilt on the wall . . .

This is the first quilt I ever made waaaay back in the early 90's.  I took a class at a quilt shop that was 12 months long.  It is a calendar quilt.  Sadly it is so big I had to fold the top to fit on the wall.  But I am Happy it is on the wall it makes the space more of a Sewing Room to me.  And it inspires me to make quilts!

I hope you've enjoyed my mini tour!
Come back soon and see what I am working on!

Don't forget to leave a comment I love your visits!

Linking with my favorite parties!









New Link Party





Penny's Passion: Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop - July 8, 2020
Over here at Penny's Passion 



















Saturday Link-Ups - My Joy-Filled Life

2 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Looks great!!!
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and for letting me know that you did by leaving a comment!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Molly the Airedale said...

I love your hutch with the heart cut-outs and your quilt is so pretty. Love it♥