Pages

Monday, September 28, 2020

Menu Monday

 Good Morning or afternoon maybe I am getting a super late start today.

It was a super busy weekend here for us.  How was your weekend?

Well it's Monday so let's talk 


The Journey Back: Menu Monday

Menus

Do you plan a weekly menu?  Or do you have a rotating menu?

I think my mother had more of a rotating menu but it wasn't something we ever talked about.  Mother only cooked a few things and they seemed to always rotate quite frequently to the dinner plate. I always loved Mommy's cooking and I miss it.   I know my kids miss a few things I cook because occasionally I get a call about a certain meal or dish and we chat and reminiscent.  

Things are much different now a days with only me and The Cowboy.  We have very few leftovers.  I wish when I had a house full of kids I had thought of this . . . 

                                               C.O.R.N. 

Do you put CORN on your menu?  Clean Out Refrigerator Night.

 Haunted Refrigerator Night | Ghent Eats

Usually now a days I try to plan something early in the week that I expect to have either re-invented or as actual leftovers.  Like this week I am planning a Pork Loin. The are big so we'll get 3-4 meals.  I am roasting it tonight and then on Wednesday probably I'll make Green Chili Stew.  I don't have a 'real' recipe and I'll probably look for pointers on Pinterest. 

Here's my menu plan for the week with a couple planned leftover meals . . . 

Monday . . . Oven Roasted Pork Tenderloin, Roasted Potato's and Carrots

Tuesday . . . Mexican Catfish, Spanish Rice and Cowboy Beans (a fancy? name for Pinto's)

Wednesday . . . Chicken Fried Steak, Mashed Potato's, Green Beans

Thursday . . . Green Chili Stew from L/O Pork, Corn Bread

Friday . . . Tortilla Soup, Tamale's L/O Rice

 

On my 'To Do' List this week is to Clean Out The Refrigerator.  I admit it is really 

like the above cartoon.  Wish me luck!

 

Enjoy your week

 

 
Linking with my favorite parties
there are more below this post
 




New Link Party





Penny's Passion: Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop - July 8, 2020
Over here at Penny's Passion 



















Saturday Link-Ups - My Joy-Filled Life

 



No comments: