Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2020

Happy Homemaker In Texas

 Hello and Welcome to  my regular Saturday post



I join Sandra each week to share our plans and what is happening in our life.  Sandra provides prompts.  I add a few of my own.

The weather . . .  the only thing better than Fall in Texas is Spring. 


Last week we had some cloudy days but by weeks end it was beautiful.  No jackets needed yet!  It's been upper 70's in the morning and mid 80's in the afternoons.

On the breakfast plate . . . We have some Ham I need to use so I think we'll have Omelets unless the Cowboy has another idea.

How I am feeling this morning . . . The only bad thing about Fall is when we have chilly cloudy days my arthritis flairs up.  But it is not bad so I am grateful.  I just pop an Ibuproen and keep moving around.

On my mind . . . my daughters baby shower is today.  Baby Noah is still breech we are praying he will turn.

I just finished reading . . .

This one was so good.  It is making my 'Best Reads' for the year list!

On my reading pile . . .

For a book tour at Great Escapes
An author request
Another Great Escapes Tour

In the studio . . . AKA my crafting space.  I gave it a new name this week to make it sound fancy.

I finished the diaper cake for the shower.




So I was able to get started on the Fall throw for our bed 

And yes that is my overflowing clean laundry basket on the edge of the bed.

I am lazy and if I can avoid measuring I do.  It turned out sewing 3  pre-cut squares was too many across.  2 just covers the top perfect for a throw.  after the shower this evening I hope to finish sewing the top together.


In the garden . . . I am praying we have a long Fall. I took the chance and planted some Pole Beans. 


I bought Cabbage, Collard Greens and Broccoli at Walmart.  Something ate on the Collards I googled it and found out to put onions around the plants.  The varmint has not been back.

I planted Swiss Chard seeds between the Cabbage plants.  The seeds are sprouting.

My Ta Da moment . . .  Our 8 year old outdoor chairs are getting worn out so we decided to try and find some on clearance.  And we wanted to Try Tiki Torches to keep the bugs away. We've never tried them.  We found the torches on sale for .70 each.  The fuel was was $2.00 .  Ta Da!

And another Ta Da moment . . . Yea I am getting my post completed and posted on Saturday!

 

On the To Do list . . . 

Go to garden center to  try and get a couple Fall plants for pots for front porch.  I got new potting soil really cheap at ACE hardware. I had dumped all my pots and the one I brought home from my mothers in the garden because they dirt had been in them for a long time.  Mulched into the garden with compost I was able to reuse it.

Finish the Fall throw this week

Harvest my Sun Flower seeds and write a post


Keep the clean laundry basket empty

Clean the inside of refrigerator

Clean off my paper crafting table in the 'Studio' the place where I make Junk Journals.  I would like to make some for Christmas presents

Still on the list 

Begin crocheting Dish Cloths for Christmas Presents

That laundry Basket

Decorate for Fall 

This weeks menu plans . . .  The last few weeks have not been successful.  

Monday . . . Oven Roasted Pork Tenderloin, Roasted Potato's and Carrots

Tuesday . . . Mexican Catfish, Spanish Rice and Cowboy Beans (a fancy? name for Pinto's)

Wednesday . . . Chicken Fried Steak, Mashed Potato's, Green Beans

Thursday . . . Green Chili Stew from L/O Pork, Corn Bread

Friday . . . Tortilla Soup, Tamale's L/O Rice

From the camera . . .



Scriptue/ Devo.

Reminder to self 


THE IMPORTANCE OF THE SCRIPTURE. All scripture is given by inspiration… |  by Kingsley Uche | Medium



Linking with my favorite parties
there are more below this post
 





New Link Party





Penny's Passion: Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop - July 8, 2020
Over here at Penny's Passion 



















Saturday Link-Ups - My Joy-Filled Life


1 comment:

Donna @ Modern on Monticello said...

Sounds like you have had a busy and productive week. Good for you. Thanks for sharing. #HomeMattersParty