Pages

Monday, June 12, 2017

Book Spotlight-Killer Music- Author Interview-Tammy L. Grace

Author Interview



You can win a copy to read on your phone, kindle or computer.
Just leave a comment 'I want book' on any post.  
The more comments the more points!
The contest will end this Saturday 17. 

Hello Tammy it is a delight to have you visit the blog today and talk about Killer Music and maybe a couple other things.  Thanks for having me, Sherry.  I’m always up for chatting about books.


Chocolate.  Let’s talk.  I read your bio and I think we’re kindred spirits.  This should be fun!   So about the Chocolate.  Nuts or no nuts? I love chocolate without nuts and am happy to eat it with nuts, except peanuts.  That’s the only chocolate combo I won’t eat.  I like brownies best with walnuts.  My favorite over-the-counter chocolate is Dove and Hershey.

When you go to a fancy restaurant (or any restaurant HeHe) do you look at the dessert menu first before choosing an entree?  I do just wondering if I can add you to my dessert lovers club! Of course!  Need to know if there is something there I need and if there is, I’ll order soup and dessert J  I’ve also been known to make a meal out of rocky road ice cream.

I don’t have to ask about pets do I?  But I have to ask is Zoe actually featured on your book covers?  Zoe is not the dog on the covers, but she could have been.  Most people who know me think she is the model.  She likes thinking she’s a celebrity, so I let her.

I am sure she is a constant companion.  Does she also give you ideas for your 4 legged characters and their antics?  Yes, she is the inspiration behind all the canine companions in my novels.  She also came up with a great idea for my reader group.  If readers subscribe to my exclusive group on my website, I’ll send them a free gift, which is a fun interview I did with all the dogs from my novels.  I had fun putting it together and Zoe was instrumental in its creation.

I am looking forward to reading Killer Music.  Can you give us a little sneak peek that wasn’t in the cover description?  I don’t want to give away any of the plot, but I’ll tell you a few things about Coop.  He collects snarky t-shirts and wears one each day.  He’s addicted to coffee and peanut M&M’s.  He’s an insomniac and doesn’t get any sleep until he’s exhausted.  He’s also a guy who would be fun to have as a friend or invite to dinner.

What was your inspiration for the location for “Coop”? I went on a trip with a friend to Nashville a few years ago. She had a class and I got to play tourist for the week and drove around checking out all the tourist spots.  It’s a great place to visit with lots to see.  While I was roaming around Belle Meade, I visited an old mansion.  I went upstairs and looked over the balcony and thought it looked like a great spot for a murder.  That’s how it started and then when I was leaving I drove through several wealthy neighborhoods, in awe of the homes.  As I drove, the idea of a quirky bachelor detective who lives with his wealthy aunt was hatched.

Did you have to do any special research?  Maybe a road trip? I did some research while I was in Nashville, did a lot of online research for locations and the surrounding areas, and even called some connections I had from my prior career to get some details about the downtown area.

How did you come up with the idea of a male lead instead of a female sleuth?  I get tired of the airhead girl who stumbles over corpses and solves murders, so I wanted to be different.  I like the idea of a professional detective, but not a hard-boiled one.  I wanted mature (40-ish) main character and my dad has been in law enforcement his whole career, so I wanted to blend some realistic facts into the stories. It’s a mixture of ideas and not your typical cozy mystery amateur sleuth.  Sort of like Robert B. Parker’s Spenser character without the violence and romance.

I am so looking forward to getting into to the book.  The sub-characters sound like fun
addition’s to the story (s).  On occasion there is a sub-character or two that I just would love to meet for coffee   May I reserve the right to visit with my favorite over coffee? Oh, yes.  You would love Annabelle.  Everyone calls her AB and she’s smart and capable. She provides Coop the supervision he often needs and keeps the office running like a well-oiled machine.  She’s also involved in solving the cases and a lawyer in her own right.  Aunt Camille is also a wonderful lady who would love to chat with you, probably all afternoon. She’d make you some of her famous pecan chocolate chunk cookies to go with your coffee.

Speaking of the other characters there is one last question I have to ask. 
Does “Coop” have a romantic interest or is he a confirmed bachelor?  Coop is destined to be a bachelor.  Many readers have expressed an interest in Coop and AB getting together, but that’s not going to happen.  They’re actually perfect for each other, but neither one of them seems to recognize it.  For me, it’s like the show Castle on television.  Those two had great chemistry and I think it ruined it when they got together, so I’m set on keeping Coop as a bachelor.  He’s got too much to do on this cases for silly romance.

Thanks so much for chatting today.  I had a wonderful time.  I am off now to
download a book!   Killer Music sounds like a great weekend read.  Thanks for having me and the fun questions.  I hope you enjoy it and the second one, Deadly Connection.  I’m beginning work on the third book this summer.

Best wishes on the tour!

It was a delight to have the opportunity to chat with Tammy about 
Killer Music.  I know you'll love the book.  Click here to read my review. 
Many thanks to Lori at Great Escapes Tours  for her help in facilitating this interview.    
Click here to visit the tour to read more reviews,
interviews and guest posts

No comments: