Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

When something is lacking . . .

Today I realized that something is lacking.

I dream of this. I dream of Friday Date Night. I dream of my Cowboy and I playing together.

And I realize today that Cowboy and I don't pray together. Oh we pray each pray regularly.
But not together.

Today when I visited Denise I read her Marriage Monday post. Todays topic at Marriage Monday is 'Prayer in Marriage'.

This is definately something that I realize we need to work on.

Right now we are struggling in many ways.

When you struggle financially it can definately take it's toll on your marriage.

Just today Cowboy got annoyed with me because I had not written and turned in a report to one of our funders before it's due date. He got really mad because I hadn't done it. This particular funder holds up our monthly check till our report is in. As I said he got really mad. He didn't want to hear my reason for not having it completed yet and turned in. In my defense I got angry with him and yelled and him. I had some perfectly good reasons for how I was handling it.
But because of the strain we are both under he wasn't too interested in hearing my reasoning.

It is especially hard for us because we are in Full-time ministry. Our ministry and our personal income is provided through donations.

I realize that we need to not only trust God but we need to trust each other. We need to lean on each others as we have faith in God.

And we need to pray for seperately for each other. And we need to pray together.

Thank you Denise for writing your wonderful post today. Thank you for being God's servant and for helping me realize how important prayer is.

1st Monday Every Month at Chrysalis

Want this button?
You can go here to join Marriage Monday

9 comments:

April Feagley said...

Financial stuff can turn a minor issue into a blow up, can't they? Definitely have been there and done that! I'll be praying for you! Have a great evening.

Susannah said...

Thanks for your honest sharing. I think everyone can relate to the stress of finances... and the need for more prayer time.

May God bless your ministry together. And thank you for joining us for Marriage Monday today, Sherry.

e-Mom @ Chrysalis

Mac an Rothaich said...

I shared similar stuff... so often what we are struggling with pulls us away from one another in many ways including prayer together... not only trust God but one another too is so true...

Alicia The Snowflake said...

I know exactly what you mean my friend! Owning a small business is very difficult in many ways, including financial. It definitely takes a toll on your marriage. I will be praying for you guys and your ministry!

Denise said...

God bless you and your dear husband sweetie. Praying for you in all ways, always. I love you.

Susan said...

This was good, and so true.

I'll be praying for God to provide for you and your ministry.

Blessings to you and your husband!

Joyfull said...

I'm sure that we can all understand the huge issue finances can be in a marriage. Thank you for sharing honestly with us. May we all be encouraged and "grow from here". We've all made those little mistakes that grew into big issues. May we learn from those and be diligent next time, in the matters that are so important. And, truly prayer is a covering of love, grace, peace and strength for us all. Be blessed.

Amydeanne said...

praying together is so hard isn't it? It's such an intimate thing --even between spouses... or rather especially between spouses because you can speak more deeply.

hugs to you my friend!

claudia said...

Thank you for your honesty and transparency. I am sure many husbands and wives can see themselves in your reflection. May God bless your efforts to pray together as a couple.