Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Verse of the Week Thoughts part two





God has placed this verse on my heart. I wrote about it on Tuesday concerning my grandchildren. And my prayer that their parents will train them up in the way they should go. I am Blessed to have an awesome Son in Love and Daughter in Love that love the Lord.

But as I think of them and my grandchildren I also think about the kids that I work with everyday.

One of the girls that I mentor told me the other day she didn't start reading till
4th grade. I immediately thought it was a learning disability. And I guess in a sense it was. She didn't go to school till 3rd grade; when her aunt learned of her plight and took her in. Her parents were so drug induced most of the time that they didn't see a need to put her in school. She was thier cook and maid and who knows what else. She is turning into an awesomely amazing young lady. But she doesn't know the Lord. And she has resorted to a lifestyle that is not pleasing to him. We pray for her and we talk to her everyday and just try to get her to see Jesus through us. She listens. She absorbs. She yearns to have that hole inside her filled.

Each week we provide groceries to 20 families that have teenagers on parole. Each week we put in the sack either a short devotional or a verse. Next week we are using the Deuteronomy scripture. I sent the photo I did the other day to my supervisor at the parole office and she played around with it and improved it. Today's version is her work. It is much improved from mine and I appreciate her work.

I think that I have learned the verse (with a few days to spare!) Here's my attempt at completely writing it from memory. I haven't figured out how to strick over words. I think of these things I need to learn and there are so many it takes time searching out how to do them. I think later I will write and post my list maybe some of you out there will be kind enough to help me out.
I hope you all have a Blessed day and thank God today for your families and your parents. If you were raised in a Christian home thank God. And please remember these verses as you train up your children. Blessings! Love,Sherry

Deuteronomy 6:5-9
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.
These commands I give to you are to be upon your heart.
Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road. When you lie down and when you get up.
Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your forehead.
Write them on the doorposts of your houses and on your gates.

1 comment:

Hootin Anni said...

How sad it is in this day and age, there are parents that are so ignorant to have kids and not nurture them as they should.

I did a Friday Show N Tell this week [I know it's been canceled, but I wanted to show off a prize I won and sent to me by one of our Show N Tell players ---it's Easter themed!! Drop by if you can? I'd love to have you visit. And have a great holiday weekend]