Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2022

Should You Transition From Christmas Decor to Winter?

 

So some of us are in a dilemma. 

 We're the ones that really hate putting Christmas away . . .

We're the ones into the holidays. 

We/I celebrate with my new blog over Here where it's all things holidays everyday.  And Christmas year round with special days devoted to Christmas.   

I'll share more later.  Today though we are talking about the Transition from Christmas . . . 

We got a new tree this year.   Some of my Santa prints are hanging on a gallery wall beside the tree.  
 It's o.k.  

I liked this better.  My favorite print hanging above my antique mantle in my sewing room. 

I loved being able to group the other Santa's together.  

Those days are gone.  So maybe that is a little why I am in the keep Christmas alive a bit longer. 

Part of me though considered starting to put it away on Monday!  

I know Gasp! 

Even though I am team that considers Thanksgiving us just a prelude to Christmas well, I think it is because we are in a smaller place.  

I have been looking at ideas for my transition.  I saw this on another blog . . . 


How to Transition from Christmas to Winter Decor

 #1. Put away all the Red decor.         

#2. Declutter your spaces.  

#3. Keep all the greenery out for display.  

#4. Add elements of nature.

#5. Finally, add texture.   


I kind of scratch my head and saw hmmm.  

I am not really in an area that has greens to bring in.  

Our elements of nature are Palm Trees.  

I mean this is how folks around here decorate . . . 


We don't have a Hobby Lobby to just buy those kinds of things. 

So 

I am keeping the Red. 


 And planning for Valentine's.  Why not? The stores already have fun gifts, and home decor out already.  

And candy . . .   

So today I  am hanging stockings on our bed.   

Because A I  found the prettiest Red ones half price at Marshalls yesterday. 

And B heck why not leave 'em out for Valentine's and start a new tradition?  

Happy Valentine's Day 



No comments: