Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2022

Happy Homemaker in Texas

Welcome to my regular Saturday  feature.  I've  missed a couple weeks  but hopefully  I can stay organized and motivated  in the New Year!  

I will join Sandra  as usual  for her party.  She provides the prompts . . . 


The weather A gorgeous  sunny day.  Predicted  to get 79.  But I am not holding out alot of hope.  It is still windy, cloudy and a bit chilly.   Hopefully  the sun will warm it up. 

Outside my window   

The sun is beginning to come out from behind the clouds.  Someone's dog is barking and barking and barking . . . 

What I am wearing  the time of year I wear several things during the day.  1st outside walk between 7:30-8:00 sweat pants and a hoodie and thin Tshirt underneath. 

Next inside shed pants and hoodie change into shorts. 

If we go out I will change to a nicer shirt.  My shorts are all new so they look o.k. for errands. 

On the breakfast plate 

He is still sleeping.  I had a bowl of Rice Krispies.  

On the luncheon plate 

Depends on his suggestion.  We need to go to Kroger with all the other crazy shoppers who forgot thins like toilet paper.  

He will probably want to get food while we are out. 

Updated 12:40 he got up and fixed himself a sandwich. 

Plans for the week/New Year 

We will go to Amy Lane the Christmas Gift Shop in town and pray in the prayer room 

I have to get papers ready to reapply for 'His' financial aide at the hospital.  

Transition from Christmas to Winter Theme. 

Make and shop for a few things for Valentine's Day.  I want to replace my grey bed pillows with Valentine's.   Hoping to find appropriate fabric and just recover the pillows I have. 

Discuss with the Cowboy a better way to store chips and cookies.  They are all stacked on my only counter space.  It is so hard to prepare a meal!    

Make an effort to make everyday a Magical Holiday even if I don't feel like it. 

Not allow his moods or how he feels affect me and bring me down .  

Weekly bake a new Cookie Revipe to share here and on Our Holiday Journey blog.n

Around the house/To Do List 

Take down/put away Christmas

Put Snowflakes on Christmas tree

Keep up with kitchen.  My daily chore/goal that is normally not accomplished 

On my reading pile  

Two for reviews . . . 



I just finished . . . 

I had the audio version.  I really  enjoy audio.  I can crochet or do others crafts while I listen. 

This was my first Amanda Flower book.  I loved it.  I have another print copy on my shelf I will read soon. 



On the t.v. The Lost Kitchen is back a few episodes to go.  It is just too short.  New show Out Chef'd.  

We've watched a few Christmas  movies. 

He watches hunting shows,sports and I guess those Mountain Man shows are back on. 

Scripture verses this month 


For my FB group writing verses every day. 

The Menu not planning a menu.  Kind of have a roller coaster life.  Somedays he is not interested  in eating so I am constantly  making changes, encouraging, bribing and praying. 

I do have tentative plans . . 

Mussels, Angel Hair Pasta, Ceasar Salad 

Prime Rib Soup and Bread 

Hot Grilled Italian Style Sandwich and Homemade Mushroom Soup 

Pork Chop, Rice and Blackeye Peas

Prime Rib, Cabbage,  Carrots, Fried Potatoes 

Chi Rellenos and Tamales, Rice and Beans


Scripture/Devo

This is my verse of the year . . .


From the camera 

I try to get picture several times a week.    This time I just pulled over after leaving  Kroger it was on Friday afternoon.  The island is filling up with tourists for New Years
I wanted to take and share this shot with a Praise the Lord  we no longer have to search for a handicap parking space.  We got permanent  tags!



Linking  with Sandra for Happy Homemaker Monday.  Her blog is over Here

Happy New Year  


No comments: