Pages

Monday, December 26, 2022

Busy Monday and a Recipe

 Good Morning!  How was your Christmas?  Ours was Blessed 

Although it was only us two we had some fun days leading up . . . 

We visited the Grand Galvez Hotel I had a chat with Santa.  The hotel is gorgeous and Waaay out of our budget now a days

We had gorgeous weather a few days and we took advantage! 

Car picnic and then . . . 


Our Christmas day was . . . 

Fun 

Blessed 

and 

Lazy 

And now it's time to start a new Busy week. 

We cooked Prime Rib Christmas day so I will get Busy and make Stew and a couple Soups for the freezer. 

We will be Busy on Tuesday.  The Cowboy has a doctor's appointment.  They will discuss again a Liver transplant.  I am praying they will be surprised that God is healing him.   

We have errands after.  I will be Busy going to the Post Office. I joined one of my favorite FB SWAP groups again.  I have to mail . . .

 Then I hope we will go to the  small grocery in town where I buy my house plants. 

 And we will be Busy praying at the Christian Gift Shop in town.  A new project that we have started.  



I also want to go by Five Below to look for a 2024 planner.  I am getting Busy and need to keep myself organized. 

I have a huge list of blog posts and Facebook events and daily posts in Women of Encouragement.  And in my private author group I have   plans to announce promotions for the New Year.  I am starting  Mailbox Monday again in January  . . . 

Each week I feature a different  author over at My Reading  Journeys and invite readers to sign up for the authors newsletter.   If they provide a recipe I feature here. 

And I will be super Busy here at My Journey  Back trying to keep up woth daily posts here. 

And writing posts at . . .

Our Holiday Journey.  The blog I started several years ago.  I have been Busy posting almost daily during December.  It is so fun go over Here 

And I plan to be Busy baking Cookies once a week.  I will post here and on the holiday blog.  

 Here is the recipe I will try this week. 


Ingredients 


1 cup butter (room temperature)

2/3 cup smooth peanut butter 

1 ½ cups brown sugar 

½ cup dark brown sugar 

1 ½ teaspoons vanilla

2 large eggs (room temperature)

2 cups all purpose flour 

1 cup quick cook oat

1 ½ teaspoons baking soda 

1 teaspoon cornstarch

1/4 teaspoon salt 

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 cup dark chocolate chunk

1/2 cup milk chocolate chunk

1 cup pretzel piece

1/2 cup honey roasted peanuts 

1/2 cup toffee bits

1 cup pretzel pieces

1/2 cup honey roasted peanuts

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a couple cookie pans with parchment paper {depending on how much of the cookie dough you want to bake off right away}.

In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and peanut butter until smooth. Add in the brown sugars and beat until pale and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl add the eggs and beat until fluffy. Add in vanilla, and beat until combined.

In a small bowl, whisk together four, oats, baking soda, corn starch, cinnamon and salt. Add in two additions to the wet ingredients, beating on low speed until completely combined. The batter may seem a bit soft, but don’t worry – this is what you want. Add in the chocolate chunks, pretzel pieces, roasted peanuts and toffee bits; mix on low until evenly distributed.

Using a cookie scoop or two teaspoons, scoop your batter out into about 1 tbsp portions out onto your baking sheets leaving at least 1.5 to 2 inches between each cookie. I usually put no more than 12 onto each tray.

Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are beginning to crackle and the edges are golden brown.

Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least five minutes.  

Time to make breakfast  and get that Cookie baking going! 

Have a great  week! 




No comments: