Pages

Friday, December 16, 2022

Foodie Friday

 

Lookie.  Lookie.  I found my holiday cookies!

I checked 2 Family Dollar stores last week.  And every grocery store.  Even checked Amazon.  
Insert pout!
And then look!
I found them at the Family  Dollar where I bought them last year!  Notice a few already gone. 
But bummer.  The box is smaller!  I bought 2.  Will go back Wednesday  for more! 


I did cook some healthy  meals this week . . .  

He decided  to go out for breakfast . . . 


He has strange ideas.  One morning he wanted a bagel.  

I think my Garlic/Onion with Guacamole  served on Spinach  was much better! 

One night I cooked Ribs.  They were so good! 

And for my Birthday which kept me busy  last week . . . 
He ordered Soft Shell Crab Sandwich no bun. 
I ordered Grilled Chicken  with Crawfish  Ettoufee and just look at that Grilled Squash! It was so good!
And look at my dessert.  Oh yummy!

I couldn't  get him to eat an Egg.  The Bacon was Beef and not a keeper!  

My attempt at Beef Stew which was more like soup but it was so good!  

I cut up too much Ham.  Couldn't  waste it right? 
Served with an Omelet  and Tots because I couldn't find Hash Browns on the Island! 

Island life can be odd and challenging  sometimes. 

A healthy meal he did not like. 
 He said the Greens were tough.  And he thought the Chicken  Lasagna was Tuna Casserole.   He complimented me on not putting Peas in it.  

But we both loved 0the Chicken and Dumplings.  Best I have ever made!

If I can get him to eat Eggs it must be in a Tortilla  with breakfast  meat and cheese!
This time Sausage  which I added the leftovers  to . . . 
. . . Chili.  Which he didn't  like. 
I think some days he is in a mood.  I thought it was fine.  

 
 
I even got it a proper thickness! Oh well maybe next time! 

It is a daily challenge.  He usually likes Chicken Wings . . . 
He ate the leftover Chicken and Dumplings, two wings and 2 bites of the Slaw. 

He chose only a Croissant with Peanut Butter

I attempted a Breakfast Bar.  Dropped an Egg right after I had mopped.   

This was the choice . . . 
Chorizo, Avacado,Egg on Croissant. 
He chose a Croissant with Jelly 
Maybe if I hadn't put the Jelly out he wouldn't have thought about it . . . 
Nah he just couldn't help using the cute spreaders Right? 


Prime Rib from the freezer.  It re-heated excellent.  He did like the Oriental Shrimp. 

And today we have to go grocery shopping.  Tonight's dinner will be a surprise. 

Time to eat a Cookie!
Merry Christmas 




1 comment:

Molly the Airedale said...

Everything looks yummy to me - especially the soft shell crab but I will have a bun please!