Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Chat With Author Evangeline Kelly

 


Hello and Welcome this week we are Featuring Author Evangeline Kelly and her new book ...

Hello Evangeline thanks joining me this week.   And thank you for including the link for a free book for our readers! 

Thanks for having me it is always fun to meet and chat with readers. 

Let's chat then ...

Do you have a special place where you write? 

I have a home office that I use but I also like to write at the dining room table. I have a laptop I can move around. Occasionally, when the weather is nice, I set up a folding table in my backyard and move out there. 

 Do you have a pet that assists you or keeps you company while you write. 

Unfortunately, I have allergies so I don’t have any pets. 

If you could go anywhere in the world to write your next Romance where would you go? 

My first thought was Europe, but I think I would be more excited about exploring than writing. A beautiful lake house with a nice view would be perfect, though.

You write such sweet Romances with special dates can you share with us the best date you ever went on? 

When my husband and I first started dating, we went to Leo Carrillo Beach and explored the tide pools. It was the first time we held hands, so that made it really special. Maybe that’s why I often write about the hero and heroine at the beach. 

Today we are Featuring Reality Star Billionaire. Can you share with us how the concept came about? 


I was brainstorming different ideas for a new Blind Date Billionaire story, thinking about different tropes, and the idea of a reality show really appealed to me. I had thought of doing that for one of my Alaskan books, and still might (although it would be a different kind of reality show), but a dating show seemed in line with my Blind Date series. My only hesitation was that I didn’t want to write a story about a bachelor-type character who kissed all the women on the show, so I made it more family-friendly and had the women compete for a date rather than a relationship.


There were several scenes in the book I enjoyed LOL well all of them actually. But I was wondering what scene is your favorite? (I will share mine in the post). 


My favorite scene was near the beginning when the producers scheduled a reception before the filming began, and Drake was supposed to casually talk with all of the women to get to know them better. I wanted to create some tension there where both Drake and Karlie were wary of each other, so I enjoyed writing that part. And then I had a little fun with the rice crispy treats when Karlie shoved one into Drake’s mouth. I also enjoyed writing the tree house scenes because I like the get-to-know you stages of a book when a hero and heroine are just starting to understand the other person better. And who doesn’t like tree houses?


During our Feature this week we will be doing a post about the characters. Which character was the easiest to write about.

Which was the hardest?


I would say Karlie was the easiest to write about because I can empathize with a woman’s perspective more than a man’s. Drake was harder because I always have to ask myself, “Would a guy respond this way? Or is that how a woman would respond?” Plus, men handle their emotions differently from women, so it’s always a challenge to convey that correctly.  

If You were to do a second Reality Star book which character or characters would you have cross over into the new book? 

If I were to do a spin-off from that book, Abby would be the natural choice since she was single and had a cousin who could put a plan into action. 


You have just written The End how do you celebrate? 

Sometimes my husband and I go out to dinner to celebrate, but now that I have a backlog of books, it’s more about having that inner satisfaction of knowing I completed a project and can move on to a new one. 


Can you give us a sneak lol l peek at your next project? 

I’m currently working on the second book in “The Wedding Planners” Series, featuring Daisy, one of the Wedding Divas partners (the first featured Brooklyn). Daisy runs into an actor (I won’t say how) and he ends up utilizing her services. There are a few twists and turns as both of them aren’t romantically available when they first meet, and he has a crazy family that makes a new relationship challenging. I love writing about crazy families! 


Thank you Evangeline for joining bus this week! 




My Amazon book page click 

 https://www.amazon.com/Evangeline-Kelly/e/B076TDTBQZ


My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/EvangelineKellyAuthor


Twitter: https://twitter.com/Evangelinebooks


Website: http://evangelinekelly.com/


Email: Evangelineromancebooks@gmail.com


Also, here is a link readers can use to receive a free book when they sign up for my newsletter. https://dl.bookfunnel.com/81thhifv4h

No comments: