Pages

Friday, April 9, 2021

Foodie Friday & Author Evangeline Kelly's Quesidilla Recipe

 Welcome.  This week I've been doing an Author Book Spotlight. 

I first posted this Recipe on Menu Monday.  Today I am sharing the finished product. 

Author Evangeline Kelly has made me a new fan of Quesidillas!  Evangeline's version made with Corn Tortillas was delicious!  

I sprinkled a little Paparika to make the plate less Rustic LOL!
Served with Chips and Guacamole it was a yummy and easy meal! 
I chose to serve for  Dinner but . . . 
Since the inside has Bacon in it these Quesidilla's would make a yummy breakfast!

In case you missed the post on Monday here's the recipe . . .

Bacon and Cheese Quesidilla

two corn tortillas 

a blend of Monterey jack, cheddar, and asadero shredded cheeses

crumbled bacon

chopped green onions

Instructions:

On top of one of the tortillas, sprinkle the cheese, bacon bits, and green onions. Layer the second tortilla on top and cook in a hot skillet with a few tablespoons of oil until each side is nicely browned. 


I am pleased that you this week I have pretty much stuck to my menu plans! 
The Taco Bell Mexican Pizza I have been wanting to make for Forever!  It was so good.  Almost like I remember.  It was easy to find a recipe on a Pinterest.  There are several.  It was simple to make! 
I intended to serve a Salad with the Mexican Pizza but we ate late.  So I used the Swiss Chard I had harvested to decorate the the  Breakfast plate.  
 
It has been forever since we have had Green Beans
Green Beans is on the dogs diet so I save them for the girls.  But I needed something to serve with Pan Seared Pollock.  I seared a bit of Zucchini we had from a few nights ago. 

I was a week late with both his Lasagna.  From a recipe from  Author Ellen Byron.  It was so good and super easy! Her Recipe called for Trader Joe's Spaghetti Sauce.  I am sure it would have been better with T. J. 


 
A cool picture with the Toaster in the background!   We had some Good For Your Breakfast Sausage Patties. 

I had gone to a food pantry and got T Bones!  So good with a Baked Potato and Broccoli.  Of course the Cowboy has to have Cheese on his Broccoli! 
I pan seared the Steaks then cut from the bone and put in the oven.  I watched Bobby Flay cook them this way.  They were very tender and only a tad over done.  The dogs loved the bones! 
Today Thursday the Cowboy asked for Scrambled Eggs and Jelly on his toast.    

I hope you've had a chance to visit this week! 
It was a pleasure to host Evangeline and her new book! 

Available on Amazon 
Click Here

No comments: