Pages

Friday, April 3, 2020

Flower themed Journal finished flip through

I completed the Junk Journal project I was working on.  I was so super pleased how it turned out.  Actually it is the first J.J. with a cover that I have completed.  

I hope you enjoying flipping through it with me today!

I am having to load pics from my phone and can't quite get them in the correct order.  (insert pout)  this photo is the last page of the Journal.  Just a simple pocket I made out of a piece of heavy paper.  It's not really a tag.  I am not sure what it was meant for. 
I cut it in half.  The scalloped edge was on top and bottom.  The corners were cut out so I put pale green paper behind them so the 
foundation paper would not show through.  I made a simple Journaling folded card for the pocket. 
This is the closed cover.  Isn't she pretty.  I love the satiny ribbon and the flower shaped button.  I have been saving this button for just the right project.  The floral fabric I have had for years.  I used it for napkins for a garden party years ago.  It was perfect for this project. 

This is the first page.  I was so happy how it turned out.  
The pocked is a scrapbook paper I cut.  The Garden Party 
is a layered piece that I made.  The word Garden was cut from the cover of a quilt pattern and the 'Party' is a ticket that was in a birthday party scrap book kit.  I inked the edges in hot pink.

The first inside page spread.  On the right a simple pocket made from a Muffy Bear journaling page.  Sticking out of the top is a simple journal card. 
Both pages are Pink Avacado dyed copy paper.  The right was much lighter than the left.  On the left page I made a pocket from the pink paper and glued a butterfly cut out to the bottom.  
Sticking out from the pocket is a stack of dyed papers (I think they were tea dyed).  I used a small doily as a timplet.  They are held 
together with an altered paper clip.  I had a butterfly image stamped on a book page I put a smalled butterfly on top and inked the edges. 

This page was so simple It is hard to decide which on I like the best.  This on is in the running for my Favorite.  I used old very wide eyelet.  It is a pinkish orange color.  I sewed it on to make a pocket.  Inside is the stack of papers you seen fanned on top.  
I chose different dyed papers in pink, green and tea stained.  The top piece is a paper I bought at Hobby Lobby it is white with flowers embossed into the paper.  I love the flower brad holding them together.  The flower brad I was holding onto also waiting for the right project. 

Another tag I made stuck in a tuck spot that is a flower die cut.  I have the process photo's from making the tag.  I'll try to add them to the post.  

I saw the example for this one on youtube.  It is a tag made with a cover that holds journaling paper.   It is attached into the Journal with a belly band.  I cut out a butterfly out of the belly band since it was a simple piece of pale green dyed paper.  

The inside has several different dyed and stained papers to write on,
Another favorite page.  This one is the center of the Journal.  the Journal is bound together with waxed thread.  I added beads to the ends of 3 and a hot pink butterfly to the last one.  I took another one of the doily papers I cut and put a seed packet on it.  It is glued onto the page to form another tuck spot.  It is holder another one of my favorite parts of the journal.  I layered the paper and stitched a square of fabric that was actually part of a quilt.  It is sticheed one one edge so it opens . . . 
Inside is a piece of paper folded into 3rd's it can be written on when it is unfolded it reveals a dragon fly.  The dragon fly paper I got in a paper SWAP last year.  It came from somewhere in Europe.  I sure wish I had more of it!
Another favorite piece.  I made a mini journal book I bound it with fabric that I glued on.  I love the bunnies. 
The inside of the back part of the cover.  The inside of the cover I used plain muslin fabric and covered it with different pieces of laces.  

I had a super fun time making this journal for a SWAP partner. 
I hope she enjoys it.

You'll be seeing more as I share a few more photo's of how I made the different parts.  
Off to play with glue and paper!
Have A Great Day


No comments: