Pages

Monday, August 20, 2018

Menu Monday-When Plans Go Awry . . .

. . . In this case for the better.
I love to plan a weekly dinner menu for the Cowboy and I.  It 
helps stay on track and organized with my leftovers. 
Image result for menu plan
But sometimes even after I plan a menu things happen.  Like 
today when a client said 'Go by the house and pick up food!'

I didn't waste anytime.  I hopped in the car and picked up some
goodies.  
Image result for woman in cartoon car
Not really me I don't have a yellow convertible!

And now here is the original menu I planned on Saturday with the new changes. 

Monday--Shrimp 3 ways Grilled,Smoked and Rotisserie
Rice Pilaf, Salad (I don't work on Monday and Cowboy 
will man the smoker and Rotisserie)   
Meatloaf, Mashed Potato's, Green Beans
Tuesday-- Rotisserie Chicken,Bar B Que Chicken Pasta Salad, Corn
Wednesday--Where's the beef? I found it!  
A yummy grilled Sirloin all I have to do is slice thin warm on the grill pan with red/green bell pepper and onions and call it Fajita's
Thursday --Back to Kid Friendly Thurs
Sloppy Joes, Fries, Jello and Dirt .
Friday--Stew, Biscuits from leftover Pot Roast  
Grilled Shrimp, Rice Pilaf, Salad


And so my weeks meals are much simpler than I planned!
So now the shrimp I planned for Monday we will eat on 
Friday it will be a busier day so we will keep it simple.  Plus 
by Friday I am zapped.  

But, it should be an easier week what with all the free food!
So now since my plans went Awry and my meals will be even easier than I planned I'll get to finish in the kitchen faster 
and sit with my feet up!
I missed my Blue Slippers.  I am glad to have them back!

Do your menu plans ever go Awry?
Linking with a the Fabulous Party

And a few others.
See my list below this post. 







No comments: