Pages

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday-Christmas Day-Tuesday Edition

Welcome to my weeks plans.  AKA Happy Homemaker Monday.
Each week I share a look at my plans and a few highlights from the previous week.  I link with Sandra at Family Corner.  She provides the prompts (I've added a few of my own") a graphic and a link up.  
Image result for happy homemaker monday


The Weather
 A cold winter day.  But it is sunny.  No wind.  So if you rush around when outside with a coat it isn't too bad!

Right Now I Am
Sitting with my feet up. And taking it easy.  I am writing this on Christmas Day. It's about 3:00.  We had a busy morning and company coming tonight.  
We served breakfast and lunch at the boys rehab/prison unit where we served.  
Our grandson and daughter are coming for dinner.  Her fiancee and new mother in law to be and brother in laws are coming too.

Something fun to share
Pink Frizzle Hen Chicken
Have you ever seen a pink chicken?  I think she is really cool.
I would love to have one or two!  
Visit this site to see more exotic chickens! Click here

Something new on the blog
I am making a few subtle changes for 2018. My goal is to write get back to writing daily.
The biggest change is you will no longer be seeing any book reviews here.  
I will occasionally be featuring a review of a book I think you might be interested in.  The features will only contain the book cover and a teaser with a link to my review or post over at 
My Reading Journeys.  These features will no be the post of the day and will appear on my sidebar.
Click here to visit my book review blog. 
I will still be including Sandra's On My Reading Pile prompt.

On my reading pile
This is the one that I am just itching to read.  It takes place in my home state of Texas.  I'll be reviewing it in mid January.

On the menu
Monday-Christmas Day a traditional Turkey Dressing etc.
I am serving left overs from the meal we cooked at the boys 
prison-rehab.
Tuesday- Turkey Pot Pie
Wednesday- Korean Beef w/ rice, salad
Thursday- Pintos and Corn Bread
Friday-Kielbasa, Fried Okra, leftover Pinto's

Last weeks menu
What worked. What didn't
It was a messed up week.  Didn't stick to the menu at all!
Monday-Standing Rib Roast, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
Ended up  cooking on Tuesday.  Monday we had nacho's
Tuesday-planned left overs from last night.  Check.
Wednesday-Mexican Catfish got sidetracked waiting for a volunter to bring donated games for the boys.  I ended up putting on a pot of potato soup.
Thursday-Eggplant Parmesan
Scratched again! Leftover soup
Friday- Left over Eggplant was planned we ended up eating tacos from leftover taco meat in the freezer.

Although I didn't stick to the menu.  We made do with what was on had in the pantry and freezer.  That's an accomplishment for me.  

In the kitchen
I want to try making these 
diy cleaning wipes for your kitchen and bathroom (NO HARSH CHEMICALS)
I am not all bogged down on the chemical free aspect.  I am more about a little less expensive version of bleach counter wipes.  
I have a friend who sells Young Living Oils and she only uses homemade wipes.  She uses Thieves All Purpose Cleaner in her's.
Click here to visit the above DIY.

In the garden
 Plans. Wishes and dreams.  I want to make a nicer trellis this year for green beans and cucumbers . . . 
Who says a kitchen garden can't be beautiful? - Fine Gardening Article
Making plans and wishin' I was out there digging and planting!

Fabulous Features
Each week I host The Fabulous Party here.  And over at
Our Holiday Journey.   And each week I choose two features to share here at Happy Home Maker Monday 

It's soup weather.  Had to share Suzy's wonderful recipe. 
Click here to read her post. 

And next Fabby is always Fabulous.  She a post filled with past Christmas TableScapes.  In case you've missed them here's the link.  Click Here




In the craft basket
Crochet Black Gingham Blanket - Free Pattern
I want to make this year.  I have been leaning toward doing the cabin room with red/black buffalo plaid to go with theme. 
I love the crochet version!

Devo./ Scripture

No comments: